Glenugie Distillery was one of Scotland's
most easterly distilleries. It was situated near the port
of Peterhead where the river Ugie meets the sea. Its water
source was from local springs.
When Scottish Highland Distillers bought Glenugie, they
completely renovated the distillery. At this time, the annual
output was 90,000 gallons. In 1956, Glenugie once again
underwent a major renovation. Included in the renovation
was an oil-fired burner which replaced the coal-fired system.
As a result, production was significantly increased. The
distillery had 2 stills.
The Glenugie Distillery was permanently closed in 1983.