ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Question Jack Daniels Barrel House 1

I have an unopend bottle of JD Barrel House 1 in the wooden box. 94 proof and dated 1994. Does anyone know what it is worth. I have another one - but the bottle is empty....
Thanks,
RJ
Old 02-15-2008, 10:35 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Exclamation Jack Daniel's Barrel House 1

Hey there RJ -

We have the bottle expert at Jack Daniel's looking into to this - as soon as we hear something, we'll pass along the info!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Exclamation Jack Daniel's Barrel House 1

RJ -

Jack Daniel's Distillery is not able to give valuations since the price or value is really whatever you can get for it. However, they have told us they have seen this particular *empty* bottle go for $40 to $66. I see that Jack Daniel's Barrel House 1 is currently up to $150 on ebay.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
shatteredsky

I have the same 1994 bottle of Jack Danielís Barrelhouse 1 Decanter with wooden box, full unopened, but mine has been signed by the Head Distillerís. Jimmy Bedford. I have seen these bottles selling on eBay for around $200; Without the signature. How much does the signature add to the value?

If you have time I also have a bottle of George T. Stagg, Uncut/ Unfiltered. 71.35% ALC BY VOL. 142.7 PROOF

Both are sealed and in perfect condition..

Thank you for your time and help, it is much appreciated.

John
Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 AM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredsky View Post
I have the same 1994 bottle of Jack Daniel’s Barrelhouse 1 Decanter with wooden box, full unopened, but mine has been signed by the Head Distiller’s. Jimmy Bedford. I have seen these bottles selling on eBay for around $200; Without the signature. How much does the signature add to the value?

If you have time I also have a bottle of George T. Stagg, Uncut/ Unfiltered. 71.35% ALC BY VOL. 142.7 PROOF

John
Hi John - got your photos - thanks! I will see what I can find for you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jd1.jpg
Views:	670
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	81 Click image for larger version

Name:	jd2.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	82

Name:	stagg.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	83 Click image for larger version

Name:	stagglabel.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	84
Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default George T. Stagg

John, your George T. Stagg was bottled in the fall of 2003. I don't see another 2003 on eBay, but there's a fall of 2004 listed as "Buy Now" for $325. I'd say you have a treasure on your hands! Oh and 142.7 proof? Whoa! What's your plan?
Old 01-16-2009, 03:58 AM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredsky View Post
I have the same 1994 bottle of Jack Danielís Barrelhouse 1 Decanter with wooden box, full unopened, but mine has been signed by the Head Distillerís. Jimmy Bedford. I have seen these bottles selling on eBay for around $200; Without the signature. How much does the signature add to the value?

John
John - we know you already have this info, but for those curious about your Jack Daniel's, here's what we were told by the Jack Daniel's Distillery:

Yes, signature adds more to the price. However, that price is determined by the buyer. Normally it adds 2 times the price. The Barrel House 1994 that we have seen sale for around $300 and the bottle was signed. Keep in mind that the Distillery only puts the original sale price on the bottle. A collector's price will be more. If you ask the old-timers here, Warehouse #1 is the best maturing warehouse at Jack Daniel. That warehouse sits at a premium location on the hillside to give the whiskey the perfect flavor. So, all of the Barrel House #1 bottles were filled from whiskey out of that barrel house. The whiskey was bottled at 94 proof because it was bottled in 1994. There was a later production of bottles in 1999.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
paul brennan

Default jack daniels

I Have a sealed bottle of Barrle house 1 Signed by Frank Bobo, Jimmy Bedford and newest Master Distiller Jeff Arnett What might it be worth?
Old 11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Whisky.com's Jack Daniel's Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul brennan View Post
I Have a sealed bottle of Barrle house 1 Signed by Frank Bobo, Jimmy Bedford and newest Master Distiller Jeff Arnett What might it be worth?
Which year ?
You can see it on the back label of the bottle.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:30 PM
paul brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raapio View Post
Which year ?
You can see it on the back label of the bottle.
its reads 1994
Old 06-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Well prices have dropped due to the crisis but I think it will still should go for $ 180,- till $ 200,- !
Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Whisky.com Member

This may not be the right post to tag on to, but do all Jack Daniels really have that licorice note from the maple charcoal I read about in all the reviews? I'm not the biggest fan of that particular flavor profile, but my family's from Tennessee and I'd like to enjoy one.

Thanks for the help everyone?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Whisky.com Member

Default Grandfather has 4 bottles with titles

My grandfather has four Jack Daniel's that have NEVER been open. One is a 1904 St. Louis World' Fair Gold Medal in its box, only been out ONCE for a picture, 750ML 45% ALC. By Vol (90 PROOF), is Jack Daniel Distillery Certified (with certificate). A 1905 Liege Belgium Gold Medal in its box, again only been out once for a picture, 45% ALC. By Vol (90 PROOF), is Jack Daniel Distillery Certified (with certificate). A Jack Daniel's Tennessee Bicentennial Bottle still in its box, NEVER been opened, 45% ALC. By Vol (96 PROOF), is Jack Daniel Distillery Certifies. And a Jack Daniel's Barrel House 1 Old Time Tennessee Whiskey in wooden box, never been open, 47% ALC. By Vol (94 PROOF)

All these bottles are full and sealed.

Any information on how much they cost would be helpful, they are taking up space and with two great-grand-children running around the house now its bests we sale them.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:46 PM

I assume all is in mint condition

My estimate would be:

1904 around $ 125,-
1905 around $ 125,-
Bicentennial $ 150,-
Barrel house $ 200,- (maybe a little more if you are lucky)

Remember this is just my opinion. Have seen these bottles come and go for these prices

Good luck !

Last edited by Raapio; 05-06-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Whisky.com Member

Default Celebration 2005 signed by Jimmy Bedford full single barrel value

When I purchased 5 of these at the distillery, I was told they would be worth $500 dollars in eight years. So, I gave one to 4 friends and kept 1 for myself.

Can anyone tell me how much these bottles are worth now, or will be down the road?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Whisky.com Member

I purchased a barrelhouse1/94 not long ago.....paid $300.00. Does that help
Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
Whisky.com Member

Default Hi, I too have a Barrel House 1 bottle

Hi, this seems to be the popular place to ask what to do with sealed bottles of JD Barrel House 1

Mine is a 94 model, entirely intact with unregistered tag. No box.

Now that ebay is no longer selling collectable liquors, can someone please advise me on the best way to locate a buyer?

Thank you!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_6607.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1608  

Last edited by Lonesome Dove; 03-28-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
barrel house, jack daniels, jack daniels - barrel, jack daniels barrel house, jimmy bedford