ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 02-01-2016, 09:42 PM

Default Whisky Cask Share to Buy Now and Get the Bottle in 25-30y - Is That Possible?

Hello all Whisky enthusiasts,

Five years ago I got introduced to the world of single malt Scotch Whisky. While I was working in Aberdeen Scotland I had the chance of tasting several different brands specially in the great bar The Grill and to visit a few distilleries.
After my son was born last year, I got the idea of buying a share of a cask with some friends to get a few bottles in 25-30 years from now. I think it is a very nice present to my son 30 years from now he will hopefully know how to enjoy a good whisky and to celebrate life with some of my good friends I hope will be with me after all this time.
With this idea, I need your expertise to suggest a distillery it would be worth to invest in, would be likely to be running in 30 years and has a renowned brand among experts (but something less mainstream than Macallan) my taste is more on Highland/Speyside whiskies, some whiskies I like: Tomintoul 16, Balvenie 12 & 21, Aberfeldy 12, Macallan 18.
Thank you very much!
Old 02-01-2016, 10:34 PM

Many things can go wrong in 30 years.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:27 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Balvenie and Macallan immediately come to mind. Some other Highlands I like would include Dalwhinnie and Longmorn.

Last edited by Islay Peat; 02-06-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-06-2016, 06:16 AM

Kingsbarns, or Roseisle. They're just now starting up and will have plenty of stuff in your long-term time frame (assuming they stay in business).

Tags
cask purchase