ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 04-15-2016, 01:49 AM

Default Anyone split Scotch bottles?

My friend and I are thinking about starting to split Scotch bottles. As new drinkers, we want to try it all and have a good selection. We have 15-20 bottles with alot of overlap. For drinks that I really enjoy and drink more often, I obviously want the whole bottle. However, many of them are ones we like that are nice to have, but not a full bottles worth (will probably oxidize before we finish it).

Anyone out there split bottles with others? Any suggestions on nice 375ml decanters that have a good seal (slow oxidation)?
Old 04-16-2016, 08:29 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I like the idea of splitting up bottles that you may not yet know if you like or are too expensive to buy alone but the concern for whisky going bad is not nearly as real a concern as it would be for wines.

I've got a few bottles that have been open for probably three years now and one Corryvreckan still tastes just as it should, my favorite.