ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 PM

Default Tell Us About Your Favorite Whisky

There have been a few mention the Springbank 10 - it is slightly more expensive but then its craft made - so bottled at 46% with no additives or any chill filtration.

The distillery is very old school and does things in a very traditional manner, malting their own barley, direct fired stills and bottled on site. They are a big employer in Campbeltown - and the whisky is FANTASTIC!!!!

If you can get it the best expression is Springbank 12 year old cask strength - issued in small batches of around 9000 bottles twice a year. It is amazingly complex - retails around £45/48 in UK.

If you like peated whisky then look at Longrow - the twice distilled peated whisky produced by Springbank or something like Ledaig (peated Tobermory) who's recent younger whiskies have been amazing and reminiscent of the 1970's and 1980's Ardbeg style - lacking the age obviously!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:04 AM

I've got 2 Springbank 10s in my stash awaiting an opening.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:30 PM

Highland Park and Talisker are my favorites. Recently though, I picked up a Balvenie 14 year old caribbean cask and its quickly becoming a favorite. I will definitely buy another one.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:32 AM

Dalmore Valour and Cigar Malt Reserve are my favorites. Aberlour Ab. And Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban are close behind.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosterk View Post
There have been a few mention the Springbank 10 - it is slightly more expensive but then its craft made - so bottled at 46% with no additives or any chill filtration.

The distillery is very old school and does things in a very traditional manner, malting their own barley, direct fired stills and bottled on site. They are a big employer in Campbeltown - and the whisky is FANTASTIC!!!!

If you can get it the best expression is Springbank 12 year old cask strength - issued in small batches of around 9000 bottles twice a year. It is amazingly complex - retails around £45/48 in UK.

If you like peated whisky then look at Longrow - the twice distilled peated whisky produced by Springbank or something like Ledaig (peated Tobermory) who's recent younger whiskies have been amazing and reminiscent of the 1970's and 1980's Ardbeg style - lacking the age obviously!
I really need to give Springbank another try and I've had Longrow on my radar for quite some time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
Highland Park and Talisker are my favorites. Recently though, I picked up a Balvenie 14 year old caribbean cask and its quickly becoming a favorite. I will definitely buy another one.
Love the Highland Park 18 and a few of the Balvenie's, especially the 15 Single Barrel (both old and new).
Old 07-15-2017, 09:06 PM

I find i have regional favourites:
Aberlour a bunadh
Bunnahabhain 18
Highland Park 18
Lagavulin 16 (just to include a distinctive Isaly peat beast)
Springbank 15
Old 07-16-2017, 07:16 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamabunadh View Post
I find I have regional favourites:
Aberlour a bunadh
Bunnahabhain 18
Highland Park 18
Lagavulin 16 (just to include a distinctive Islay peat beast)
Springbank 15
Bunnahabhain 18 and Highland Park 18 are two of my absolute favorites, along with Lagavulin 12!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 PM

Recently picked up the Balvenie 21 year Portwood, absolutely fantastic. The highest aged scotch I have yet to taste and I see why the oldies are such goodies. Its only for special occasions

Also a Glenmorangie Nectar D'Or. I enjoyed this one from a balcony overlooking the central coast of California at Pacific Grove. Very fitting and a nice finish.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:29 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Bunnahabhain 18 and Highland Park 18 are two of my absolute favorites
Right there with you on those two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL View Post
Recently picked up the Balvenie 21 year Portwood, absolutely fantastic. The highest aged scotch I have yet to taste and I see why the oldies are such goodies. Its only for special occasions
Another one that's in my top 5!
Old 08-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Administrator & Owner ClubWhisky.com

Springbank 21 and Balvenie Portwood
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	springbank.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	2556  
Old 08-18-2017, 05:38 PM

I have tried 333 different Scotches (so far) and my absolute favorite Scotch is The Macallan 25th Anniversay. The Macallan 25th Anniversary is not the same as The Macallan 25.

Tags
favorite, whisky suggestions