ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 05-07-2017, 04:15 PM

Default Deanston 12 yr

Was going to buy a bottle of the deanston 12 yr just wanted to ask for your alls opinion first. I am new to the world of single malt scotch the ones i have had so far is Glenlivet Founder's Reserve, Glenlivet 12 years, and Glenlivet nadurra 16. i love the 16 it was great. Just trying to find a great scotch that does not break the bank. We definitely take any recommendations. Thank you for your time.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:03 AM

I visited their distillery last month. The distillery is unusual in that it was once a cotton mill.

While there we did a tasting and I had several different drams. I enjoyed them all. I can't find Deanston in North Carolina or I would buy a bottle.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:47 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
I can't find Deanston in North Carolina or I would buy a bottle.
Deanston doesn't show up on NC ABC's brand search. It could possibly be special ordered, but then you would have to buy the entire case. If you ever travel to SC, Total Wine stores can get it or may even have it in stock, which means other liquor stores can also get it.

To the OP: I wish I could help, but having never tasted Deanston, I can't compare it to what you've already tasted. Giving recommendations is always a bit iffy...just because I like something, doesn't necessarily mean you'll like it. One good way to learn is to venture into your local bar, if there's a good one near you, and taste a few different Scotch whiskies. My first bottle was Macallan 12 sherry oak, and that Scotch started me on a journey through the world of Scotch that continues to this day.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Deanston doesn't show up on NC ABC's brand search. It could possibly be special ordered, but then you would have to buy the entire case. If you ever travel to SC, Total Wine stores can get it or may even have it in stock, which means other liquor stores can also get it.
Thanks! I haven't checked Frugal MacDoogal. They might have it.

Tags
deanston, deanston 12