ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 AM

Default Similar to Dalmore

I am fairly new to Scotch Whisky, but have acquired a love for it very quickly. I started with Bourbon, but moved to Scotch quickly. I Have aberlour a'bunadh and 12, The Mc. 12, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Lasanta, Monkey Shoulder, Multiple Johnnie Walkers, Tomatin 12, Balvenie Double Wood 12, and my favorites Dalmore Valour and Cogar Malt. Those two have some hint of something different than the others.

What other Scotches would have a similar flavor profile? It just has something that stands out to me that I can't put my finger on.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:48 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpetch View Post
I am fairly new to Scotch Whisky, but have acquired a love for it very quickly. I started with Bourbon, but moved to Scotch quickly. I Have aberlour a'bunadh and 12, The Mc. 12, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Lasanta, Monkey Shoulder, Multiple Johnnie Walkers, Tomatin 12, Balvenie Double Wood 12, and my favorites Dalmore Valour and Cogar Malt. Those two have some hint of something different than the others.

What other Scotches would have a similar flavor profile? It just has something that stands out to me that I can't put my finger on.
You like the Balvenie, go find the 15 Single Barrel and 17 DoubleWood.

My favorite Johnnie Walker's are Double Black, Green (old bottling with cork only) and Blue.

I just bought a bottle of Monkey Shoulder recently and was pleased with the cost/value equation and if you like it, another great bargain is Teacher's Highland Cream.

I want to try some of the others you've mentioned here, especially the Dalmore.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:19 PM

If you want something that "stands out" consider a peaty Scotch from the island of Islay.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfspencer View Post
If you want something that "stands out" consider a peaty Scotch from the island of Islay.

Unfortunately I do not like peated whisky...at all. One of the kinky things that I do not like.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewpetch View Post
Unfortunately I do not like peated whisky...at all. One of the kinky things that I do not like.
It has to grow on you.

Tags
dalmore, whisky suggestions