ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #201  
Old 09-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

How was the Oban 18? How does it compare to the 14 yr old?
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 09-22-2014, 01:33 PM
BellRS5 BellRS5 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniwhablue View Post
How was the Oban 18? How does it compare to the 14 yr old?
I am a big Oban 18 fan, extremely smooth and refined. i enjoy the 14, the 18 is just special, it really leaves an impression when you drink it, it is just lovely on so many levels.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 09-23-2014, 10:49 AM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

glendronach 18 year old,1994,single cask 3547. bottle number 485 of 607
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellRS5 View Post
I am a big Oban 18 fan, extremely smooth and refined. i enjoy the 14, the 18 is just special, it really leaves an impression when you drink it, it is just lovely on so many levels.
We don't get the Oban 18 here in NZ. I have managed to secure a bottle through the UK and now reluctant to open it as it's hens teeth here.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:15 AM
josephrohdes221 josephrohdes221 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4
Default

I'm going to celebrate my wedding anniversary next month with lot of enjoy and fun and begins storing Single Malt, Classic Unpeated Whisky, First Whisky from The Lakes Distillery.......!
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 10-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Glen Ord 1973 Rare Malts 24yr old
Glenlivet 1996 Cask Strength 17yr old
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 10-08-2014, 12:45 AM
FightingIrish's Avatar
FightingIrish FightingIrish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 43
Default

I tracked down a bottle of Macallan 18 1995

This stuff is near impossible to find in Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 10-10-2014, 03:13 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

just got two bottles of glendronach.
number 1, 23 year old,distilled 5 sept 1990.cask 1243 bottle number 319 of 679.
number 2,17 year old ,distilled 10 july 1992.cask 401,bottle number 451 of 626.
love these single cask glendronachs.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 10-11-2014, 12:03 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Found these two sitting on a store shelf. They looked interesting enough to buy.
Also found a Supernova 2014 and a Galileo.
I saw a bottle of North of Scotland over 40 year old bottle of Single grain on the shelf but don't know anything about single grains other than the obvious.
Any ideas if this is a rare find or just some old crap
[IMG][/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 10-12-2014, 03:21 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Single grain!!??
Sounds like Gatorade claiming only one coloring agent in their drink.
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 10-13-2014, 03:02 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

hey Bill, you think it may be that good? LOL
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 10-14-2014, 01:02 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
hey Bill, you think it may be that good? LOL
Hey Oscar, have you seen any of Balvenie's Tun 1509 in your area? It's just been released, so I don't know if it has had time to reach the shelves yet. Curious what price you see.
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:11 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

John b,
I recently started looking but no luck so far.
I'll let you know when I score pal.
Oscar
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:56 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

On another note. what did you recently buy.
Murrary McDavid mission Caol Ila 1990 17 year.
bourbon cask, enhanced in chateau haut brion casks.
bottled at bruichladdich in 2007.
53.9 %
this stuff is great if you like the medical taste. I love it and added a few bottles to the collection.
I have a glass with a dram in it now and i have to say it is fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

lagavulin distillers edition. distilled 1997 bottled 2013. batch lgv 4 502 at 43 per cent.
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

I just picked up a bottle of Caol Ila 12, which is always comforting to have around. Very common, but no less enjoyable.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Wad you payferit? It's $63 here.
The descriptions of it sound boring for the price.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 10-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxcarBill View Post
What di you pay for it? It's $63 here.
The descriptions of it sound boring for the price.
That's about what I got it for, but I really like it and decided to pick up another.

Not sure if you'd like it, but think you should at least give it a try sometime. I didn't care for it my first time around, but absolutely love it now and feel it's a good addition for anyone crazy for stuff from Islay.

One of my friends who got hooked on both Ardbeg 10 and Corryvreckan has found a new favorite in Caol Ila 12.
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:53 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Hey Oscar, have you seen any of Balvenie's Tun 1509 in your area? It's just been released, so I don't know if it has had time to reach the shelves yet. Curious what price you see.
John b,
Just picked up a bottle of the TUN 1509 at full list price. $350.00 plus tax. So about $375.00 out the door.
I can get more but I don't feel this release will be heading in the same direction as the TUN 1401 as there is so much more of it. I may be proved wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 10-27-2014, 12:17 AM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
John b,
Just picked up a bottle of the TUN 1509 at full list price. $350.00 plus tax. So about $375.00 out the door.
I can get more but I don't feel this release will be heading in the same direction as the TUN 1401 as there is so much more of it. I may be proved wrong?
Thanks for letting me know, Oscar. That confirms what I'm hearing locally, unfortunately. My home state is a government monopoly ABC distribution model. I looked into buying 1509, which would be a special order. North Carolina can get it, but the purchaser has to buy the whole case, which in this instance is 3 bottles, at 349.95/bottle. I'm not sure I want to cough up $350 for 1 bottle, and cannot/will not pay $1,050 plus tax for a case.

You're seeing the same pricing, which tells me it's not just my state. I may pursue a bottle through my sister in South Carolina. Several stores in that state will stock 1509, but I'm really struggling with the huge price jump from last year's 1401 @ $249/bottle. Not sure I want it that badly.

I wonder about the pricing/quantity as well. It is likely that pricing will hold up on this first release of 1509 though, and down the road the pricing may follow a similar path to earlier releases of 1401. I don't know; I have no crystal ball. I simply don't care for a marketing strategy that thinks a 40% price increase over the former product is a good thing, and I can't help but think maybe Balvenie is shooting themselves in the foot, at least to some degree, with that much of a price jump.

Having said all that, it is also possible David Stewart went deep into his warehouses and this particular batch of whisky contains a higher percentage of much older whiskies than Tun 1401, which may justify the 40% increase.

Last edited by john_b; 10-27-2014 at 12:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 10-27-2014, 12:12 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Thanks for letting me know, Oscar. That confirms what I'm hearing locally, unfortunately. My home state is a government monopoly ABC distribution model. I looked into buying 1509, which would be a special order. North Carolina can get it, but the purchaser has to buy the whole case, which in this instance is 3 bottles, at 349.95/bottle. I'm not sure I want to cough up $350 for 1 bottle, and cannot/will not pay $1,050 plus tax for a case.

You're seeing the same pricing, which tells me it's not just my state. I may pursue a bottle through my sister in South Carolina. Several stores in that state will stock 1509, but I'm really struggling with the huge price jump from last year's 1401 @ $249/bottle. Not sure I want it that badly.

I wonder about the pricing/quantity as well. It is likely that pricing will hold up on this first release of 1509 though, and down the road the pricing may follow a similar path to earlier releases of 1401. I don't know; I have no crystal ball. I simply don't care for a marketing strategy that thinks a 40% price increase over the former product is a good thing, and I can't help but think maybe Balvenie is shooting themselves in the foot, at least to some degree, with that much of a price jump.

Having said all that, it is also possible David Stewart went deep into his warehouses and this particular batch of whisky contains a higher percentage of much older whiskies than Tun 1401, which may justify the 40% increase.
They seem to have a very good idea as to how to squeeze every dime out of this 1509 run.
limit distribution (to 3 bottles at a time) so that supply runs out before shipping more.
No supplier seems to have more than one or two bottles at best.
It's just the way it works now. Does not matter what it's worth, it's what we can get for it. It's called gouging.

Last edited by Islay Peat; 10-27-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 11-01-2014, 01:50 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Picked up 5 of these OMFG. This is right up my alley. Medical, band aids, medicine, light smoke, Iodine, salt, wood.

Murray McDavid Caol Ila 1990 17 years old Chateau Haut Brion Casks
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 11-08-2014, 07:33 PM
drakoskl's Avatar
drakoskl drakoskl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 185
Default Hibiki 21

Bought the hibiki 21 year old a few days ago. Was just there on the shelf next to the 12 and 17 year olds. Has anyone tried it? How does it compare withthe 12 and 17? Shall i open it or do you think is better to get a taste of the younger ones first? Never had japanese whisky before...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	2208  
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 11-09-2014, 05:59 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Macallan cask strength 60.1%
Glendronach Single cask 2002
Oban 18yr
Glenfarclas 105 20yr
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 11-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Does anyone understand the Balvenie lineup well enough to explain what the difference/likeness is between the Balvenie 14 Caribbean/Golden/Cuban Cask bottlings?

I've got the Golden and am interested in finding whether there's any reason to buy the Caribbean as well or if they're just the same thing.
I did a side-by-side blind taste test of the Cuban and the Caribbean. The Caribbean has a much more colorful nose. I noted vanilla, clove and a hint of nutmeg. The Cuban was much more just vanilla. The Cuban was much smoother on the palette and overall better tasting. The Caribbean came across as hotter even though they are both listed as 43%.

Scotty
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 11-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitdog View Post
I did a side-by-side blind taste test of the Cuban and the Caribbean. The Caribbean has a much more colorful nose. I noted vanilla, clove and a hint of nutmeg. The Cuban was much more just vanilla. The Cuban was much smoother on the palette and overall better tasting. The Caribbean came across as hotter even though they are both listed as 43%.

Scotty
Based on this I'll keep my eyes open for the Cuban, but I'm still curious how the Golden Cask compares with either of the other two 14yr options.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 11-12-2014, 02:48 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

a couple more Ardbeg Supernova's and a couple Mcallan 18's.
I see the Balvenie TUN 1509's all over the place but am having a hard time with the $350.00 price tag.
I did buy one just for the collection.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 11-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
a couple more Ardbeg Supernova's...
I liked the original Supernova but had read somewhere that the new release was not so good. Do you like it well enough to recommend that the rest of us give it a go?
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 11-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

2 x 1998 Ardbeg single casks (one sherry one bourbon)
1 x 1999 Ardbeg single cask
1 x 2000 Ardbeg single cask
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 11-14-2014, 02:01 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

All three Supernova's are a B+. All good stuff.
I like all the Ardbeg's I have tried so far. Very good as long as you like the smoke and peat which I do.
My current favorite is a 17 year Caol Ila. Next week it will be something else.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
All three Supernova's are a B+. All good stuff.
I like all the Ardbeg's I have tried so far. Very good as long as you like the smoke and peat which I do.
My current favorite is a 17 year Caol Ila. Next week it will be something else.
I've really enjoyed the Corryvreckan the best but aside from Blasda and Galileo, I've found all the other Ardbeg's to be great in my book too.

I'll be on the lookout for the new Supernova now.
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
I've really enjoyed the Corryvreckan the best but aside from Blasda and Galileo, I've found all the other Ardbeg's to be great in my book too.

I'll be on the lookout for the new Supernova now.
Agreed. The Corry is so delicious and I have store down the block that's selling it for $70.00 a pop.
Can't beat that deal.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 11-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
Agreed. The Corry is so delicious and I have store down the block that's selling it for $70.00 a pop.
Can't beat that deal.
Bring me a case next time you're in town!

I think Boxcar Bill would like some too!
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Bring me a case next time you're in town!

I think Boxcar Bill would like some too!
If you and Boxcar ever come to the Twin Cities area in Minnesota, stop by and I'll be more that happy to let you try any whisky's I have.
Heck we might as well light up a Fuente Hemmingway short story to go along with it. My favorite cigar for years. If'n you are smokers of course.
Oscar
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 11-20-2014, 01:33 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
the Twin Cities area in Minnesota
Oscar, are you familiar with Ace Spirits in Hopkins?

Last edited by john_b; 11-20-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 11-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
If you and Boxcar ever come to the Twin Cities area in Minnesota, stop by and I'll be more that happy to let you try any whisky's I have.
Heck we might as well light up a Fuente Hemmingway short story to go along with it. My favorite cigar for years. If'n you are smokers of course.
Oscar
We're on our way, and it looks like we're picking up John B too!
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 11-21-2014, 05:04 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Oscar, are you familiar with Ace Spirits in Hopkins?
I only saw an ad somewhere and the pricing looked high. I have not stopped by yet but will if I get in that area.

Stopped by a (new to me) store on my way home from Wisconsin (business trip) and found a Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams 2013 for $98.00.
I have read good reviews of this but the story of them rolling these barrels around the US is kind of weird.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 11-21-2014, 05:06 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
We're on our way, and it looks like we're picking up John B too!
The more the merrier.
Bring some warm air with you as I hear it's nicer up your way than it's been down here.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 11-21-2014, 07:14 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
I only saw an ad somewhere and the pricing looked high. I have not stopped by yet but will if I get in that area.
Thanks. I appreciate that. Do you have a favorite store? Do they ship?

It seems you have a much better selection in Minnesota. I'm trying to find a good store that will ship to NC.

I found Ace on the web when I was looking for GlenDronach 21 year old. Ace has it for $137 today, but it was on sale when I first saw it. They have Laphroaig 18 for $20 cheaper than SC or NC. GlenDronach is all but impossible to get NC, and about all you find in SC is the 12 or 15 year old. In fact, there's a LOT of expressions that cannot be bought in NC.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 11-22-2014, 05:15 AM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Thanks. I appreciate that. Do you have a favorite store? Do they ship?

It seems you have a much better selection in Minnesota. I'm trying to find a good store that will ship to NC.

I found Ace on the web when I was looking for GlenDronach 21 year old. Ace has it for $137 today, but it was on sale when I first saw it. They have Laphroaig 18 for $20 cheaper than SC or NC. GlenDronach is all but impossible to get NC, and about all you find in SC is the 12 or 15 year old. In fact, there's a LOT of expressions that cannot be bought in NC.
I don't have a store that I buy at on line yet but have been recently looking at some. A lot of them don't ship to Minnesota, some do.
Just trying to find the one that ships here, have good pricing and a good selection.
The laws in this country are totally insane.
I truly believe it's all payola.
Oscar, Whom may becoming a crabby old man.

Last edited by Islay Peat; 11-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #241  
Old 11-22-2014, 08:06 AM
Son-o'-the-Sod(?)'s Avatar
Son-o'-the-Sod(?) Son-o'-the-Sod(?) is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
I don't have a store that I buy at on line yet but have been recently looking at some. A lot of them don't ship to Minnesota, some do.
Just trying to find the one that ships here, have good pricing and a good selection.
The laws in this country are totally insane.
I truly believe it's all payola.
Oscar, Whom may becoming a crabby old man.
Make that at least two of us, my friend!!

Last edited by Islay Peat; 11-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
I truly believe it's all payola.
Oscar, Whom may becoming a crabby old man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-o'-the-Sod(?) View Post
Make that at least two of us, my friend!!
I'm slowly becoming a cantankerous old fart myself, so make that three. I've started writing my state legislators about North Carolina's ABC methods. So far, no response.
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 11-30-2014, 04:01 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
Oscar, are you familiar with Ace Spirits in Hopkins?
I just stopped buy Ace yesterday and found it a small very vertical shop. I mean vertical because of the small square footage wise it stacks it's bottles from floor to ceiling.

They seem to know there stuff. I'll be back.

I picked up a bottle of Nikka Miyagikyo 12 year for $45.00 which I think is a mistake as it is more than twice that other places.

I find most of there prices to be about 15% higher than the cheapest I can find on most of there scotch.

Balvenie TUN 1509 was about $400.00. I can find this all over the place at $350.00.

Anyway I like the store because they seem to specialize in Whiskey and Whisky. Nice selection for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 11-30-2014, 04:52 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
I picked up a bottle of Nikka Miyagikyo 12 year for $45.00 which I think is a mistake as it is more than twice that other places.
Great find on the Miyagikyou 12 - you should get more of it at that price.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 11-30-2014, 05:45 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Great find on the Miyagikyou 12 - you should get more of it at that price.
I agree Islay. I'll be stopping back soon.
Also stopped in the local Costco and found they had a crap load of Aberfeldy 21 year at $100.00.
Off to watch the Vikings game have a good one.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 12-01-2014, 02:21 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
I just stopped buy Ace yesterday and found it a small very vertical shop. I mean vertical because of the small square footage wise it stacks it's bottles from floor to ceiling.

They seem to know there stuff. I'll be back.

I picked up a bottle of Nikka Miyagikyo 12 year for $45.00 which I think is a mistake as it is more than twice that other places.

I find most of there prices to be about 15% higher than the cheapest I can find on most of there scotch.

Balvenie TUN 1509 was about $400.00. I can find this all over the place at $350.00.

Anyway I like the store because they seem to specialize in Whiskey and Whisky. Nice selection for sure.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it very much.

It sounds like the pricing in your area may be a little lower than my neck of the woods. There's a lot of things I can't get in NC, so I check w/my sisters in SC; they've picked up a couple of things for me that I couldn't get here in the past. So far, Ace is equal to or less than what I can find items for in SC or NC. A couple of things I'm looking for, such as GlenDronach 21 Parliament, can't be bought in NC or SC at all.

Apparently, the demand for Scotch whisky isn't that strong in the Carolinas.

Thanks again, Oscar!
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 12-02-2014, 04:09 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Picked up a BenRiach 1998 Single Cask today. Triple distilled. Should be interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 12-03-2014, 01:56 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniwhablue View Post
Picked up a BenRiach 1998 Single Cask today. Triple distilled. Should be interesting.
I thought double and triple distilled were negative things. They are in brandy anyway...
Hoping to hear your review.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 12-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Well since most whisky goes through at least two distillations a 3rd isn't out of the realms of unusualness. Most Irish whiskey is triple distilled. Just seems a bit odd coming from BenRiach.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 12-06-2014, 09:01 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Picked up a Macallan 12 today. So far I'm not very impressed. Need more time to be sure but it doesn't look good.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 12-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxcarBill View Post
Picked up a Macallan 12 today. So far I'm not very impressed. Need more time to be sure but it doesn't look good.
I'm not at all surprised that you don't like it very much. The only Macallan I've had that I liked was a 16yr bottling apparently not available to the public.

Haven't bought it yet, but one I do plan on getting soon is an Imperial distillery release called Tirnanog 18 - tried it a couple times and really liked it.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 12-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Are you talking about the Macallan Fine Oak or Sherry Oak 12yr? I'm a big fan of the 12yr Sherry Oak. The fine oak is rubbish but to me the Sherry Oak is fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 12-07-2014, 03:57 AM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

The first one I'd tried was a Fine Oak, then about a year ago the Sherry Oak.

I wish the sample I tried was available though it probably never will be since I liked it.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 12-07-2014, 07:03 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniwhablue View Post
Are you talking about the Macallan Fine Oak or Sherry Oak 12yr? I'm a big fan of the 12yr Sherry Oak. The fine oak is rubbish but to me the Sherry Oak is fantastic.
It's the Sherry Oak. Seems alcohol hot for 43% abv. Has enough flavor at first but is thin somehow and has a bit of a rubber aftertaste.
I'm gonna need more time to compare it to Balvenie DW 12 which I definitely like better.
I think I like the Aberlour 12 (less expensive version) better than this but don't have any right now to compare.

... The DW 12 doesn't have as much flavor at first like the Mac but it's richer somehow and the flavor holds through to a longer finish without any off aftertaste. I'm getting more wood flavor in the DW 12. The Mac has a (slightly candied) Sherry flavor that is dominant instead of the wood.
The Mac is definitely not hard to drink though.

Last edited by BoxcarBill; 12-07-2014 at 07:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 12-07-2014, 06:35 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxcarBill View Post
The Mac has a (slightly candied) Sherry flavor that is dominant instead of the wood.
The Mac is definitely not hard to drink though.
Because of this, I'm going to give it another try.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 12-08-2014, 11:50 PM
adz2332 adz2332 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
Default

on the weekend bought a bottle of Hibiki 12yr old.... seriously impressed!
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 12-09-2014, 10:17 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Because of this, I'm going to give it another try.
I'm mixing it with Ardbeg 10 @ 60% Macallan/40% Ardbeg already and am quite pleased with the result.
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 12-11-2014, 03:15 PM
drakoskl's Avatar
drakoskl drakoskl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 185
Default

Bought 3 bottles of the yamazaki distiller's reserve today. Ill open one tomorrow evening and let you guys know my opinion. Its the first japanese whisky i m trying i hope it lives up to the hype.
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 12-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adz2332 View Post
on the weekend bought a bottle of Hibiki 12yr old.... seriously impressed!
If you like Hibiki 12, you'll also like the 17 and 30. The one Hibiki I didn't like personally was the 21.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakoskl View Post
Bought 3 bottles of the yamazaki distiller's reserve today. Ill open one tomorrow evening and let you guys know my opinion. Its the first japanese whisky i m trying i hope it lives up to the hype.
Look forward to your take on it. I just picked up a couple Yamazaki distillery only release bottles.

Last edited by Islay Peat; 12-12-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 12-17-2014, 04:15 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Picked up an Aberlour A'bunadh, a Laphroaig Quarter Cask, and a Highland Park 18 yesterday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to me
Reply With Quote
  #261  
Old 12-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

I just picked up an Imperial 18 year Tirnanog and Taketsuru 21, both of which I'm very much looking forward to.

Also got a bottle of Bookers specially labeled and packaged for Seijo Ishii.
Reply With Quote
  #262  
Old 12-20-2014, 02:09 PM
oscarswanson's Avatar
oscarswanson oscarswanson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 142
Default

four Glenfarclas 10's on sale for under 30 bucks. This is the best under $30.00 stuff I have bought so far.

One Glendronach 15 revival. Had this before but needed a reminder
Reply With Quote
  #263  
Old 12-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 1

The last couple of days I have have been on a bit of a The Balvenie run:

3 x The Balvenie 1509 Batch 1

3 x The Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 yrs.

3 x The Balvenie Cuban Cask (17 Years)

AND:

THE BALVENIE TUN 1401 BATCH 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	'Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 1 Close.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	2240  
Reply With Quote
  #264  
Old 12-23-2014, 11:42 PM
drakoskl's Avatar
drakoskl drakoskl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 185
Default

Aberlour 12 year old double matured!
Was 35 euro and it is excellent. Highly recommended
Reply With Quote
  #265  
Old 12-24-2014, 10:15 PM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

http://www.whiskynet.hu/custom/whisk...e1b20c3a36.jpg
This is $40 in my fascist state controlled liquor stores and I was going to get one until I read the reviews and watched Youtube.
It's a lowland malt and is 43%/750ml here in the states.
Reply With Quote
  #266  
Old 12-26-2014, 01:36 AM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
four Glenfarclas 10's on sale for under 30 bucks. This is the best under $30.00 stuff I have bought so far.

One Glendronach 15 revival. Had this before but needed a reminder
I really like Glendronach. Of the 12, 15, and 18 year old, I think the 15 Revival gives the best value for the money. I still plan to try the 21 year old Parliament and see how that one compares.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Summitdog View Post
The last couple of days I have have been on a bit of a The Balvenie run:

3 x The Balvenie 1509 Batch 1

3 x The Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 yrs.

3 x The Balvenie Cuban Cask (17 Years)

AND:

THE BALVENIE TUN 1401 BATCH 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Impressive! Where did you fine a Batch 1 1401?
Reply With Quote
  #267  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:10 AM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default

Private collection for the batch number one.
Reply With Quote
  #268  
Old 01-07-2015, 07:46 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Bladnoch Flora & Fauna 1st edition
Rosebank Flora & Fauna x2
Glengoyne 14yr old limited edition.
Reply With Quote
  #269  
Old 01-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Another Rosebank Flora & Fauna
And a 1973 Glenlivet 38yr old. Birth year whisky and birthday coming up soon. I know what I'll be drinking.
Reply With Quote
  #270  
Old 01-08-2015, 12:02 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

lagavulin 12 year old,2014 release @ 54.4
Reply With Quote
  #271  
Old 01-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default

The Balvenie 17 yr. Rum Cask.

I am looking forward to comparing the 17 yr. Rum cask, 14 Yr. Caribbean Cask, and the 14 yr. Cuban Cask this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 01-19-2015, 12:22 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

macallan rare cask. my son has very kindly brought me a bottle from houston back home to scotland. well done him.

bruichladdich 36 legacy series 1
bruichladdich 37 legacy series 2
bruichladdich 1998 oloroso
bruichladdich 34 wmd11 yellow submarine
craigellachie,malts of distinction,1989.bottle number 19

Last edited by Islay Peat; 04-26-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 PM
drakoskl's Avatar
drakoskl drakoskl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 185
Default

Yamazaki 18 year old
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 03-03-2015, 10:06 AM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

laphroiag 15 year old,the 200 anniversary bottling.
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 03-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

There was a mad rush on those Laphroaig 15yr olds. Website crashed at one point.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 03-06-2015, 01:55 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

took me seven hours. the bottle arrived this morning.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 03-09-2015, 06:25 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Picked up a Yamazaki 18yr old.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 03-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default Balvenie Goodness

The Balvenie Cuban Selection 14 Years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cuban 14.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2261  
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 04-09-2015, 02:16 AM
Familyman Familyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1
Default Just joined

Today I bought 2 Yamazaki 18yr old, 2 Willett 8 yr, 2 Macallan 18 and 2 Talisker 12yr Friends bottling, think I'll go back and grab some more Willetts as they had about 8 or 10 bottles left. I'm all in now and have about 50 bottles and can't seem to stop buying!
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 04-09-2015, 12:27 PM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

I recently bought a Balvenie Tun 1509 and an Auchentoshan Three Wood.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 04-11-2015, 06:26 AM
Son-o'-the-Sod(?)'s Avatar
Son-o'-the-Sod(?) Son-o'-the-Sod(?) is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman View Post
Today I bought 2 Yamazaki 18yr old, 2 Willett 8 yr, 2 Macallan 18 and 2 Talisker 12yr Friends bottling, think I'll go back and grab some more Willetts as they had about 8 or 10 bottles left. I'm all in now and have about 50 bottles and can't seem to stop buying!
Your salivating is limited only by your bank account!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 04-17-2015, 07:15 PM
O'DubhGhaill O'DubhGhaill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

I couldn't make up my mind between the Ardbeg Uigeadail and the Corryvrecken, so I bought two of each!
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 04-18-2015, 03:24 AM
BoxcarBill's Avatar
BoxcarBill BoxcarBill is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'DubhGhaill View Post
I couldn't make up my mind between the Ardbeg Uigeadail and the Corryvrecken, so I bought two of each!
I think I like this guy.
They are both excellent offerings from Ardbeg but the Corry is truly the cat's meow.
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 04-19-2015, 11:17 AM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'DubhGhaill View Post
I couldn't make up my mind between the Ardbeg Uigeadail and the Corryvrecken, so I bought two of each!
Can't go wrong with either one, but like Bill already said, the Corryvreckan is one of the best!
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 04-19-2015, 04:44 PM
O'DubhGhaill O'DubhGhaill is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Default

K&L Wines had a good deal on the Oogie. They have Glenfiddich 12 for $27. Great everyday dram at a huge bargain - I might pick up a case.

Couldn't resist - 3 of the Glenfiddich 12 and 3 of Glenlivet 12 for $1.00 more per bottle (limit was three bottles). The head-to-heads are going to be delightful, as I love both of these as an every-night dram. The H-t-H of the Ardbegs will be for Saturday nights only!

Last edited by Islay Peat; 04-26-2015 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 04-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default

Vacation purchase.



http://www.whiskybase.com/whisky/191...824-collection

Can't upload a photo but I am really looking forward to this one tomorrow night.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	2273   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	2274  

Last edited by Islay Peat; 04-26-2015 at 03:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 05-07-2015, 04:48 AM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Oban 21....To go with my Oban 18, Distillers and Standard 14...
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 05-08-2015, 06:14 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

commitee release ardbeg perpetuum
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 05-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell View Post
commitee release ardbeg perpetuum
Any chance we'll be seeing a mini-review of it?
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 05-13-2015, 04:38 AM
Islay Peat's Avatar
Islay Peat Islay Peat is offline
ClubWhisky.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 949
Default

Couple weeks back I got Balvenie 17 Doublewood and today picked up Lagavulin 12 which will be opened tonight. Something to look forward to.
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 05-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Taniwhablue's Avatar
Taniwhablue Taniwhablue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Default

Old Elgin 1940 50 yr old GM bottling...
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 05-25-2015, 12:49 AM
Summitdog's Avatar
Summitdog Summitdog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 56
Default Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 9

I had a buddy buy a couple of bottles several years ago but we were unable to ever get together, until this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4289.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	2277  
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 05-29-2015, 02:32 AM
lewisanderson lewisanderson is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1
Default

I didn't buy it, but for my 21st birthday I received a Glenfiddich 21yo rum cask finish, to match my age. It tastes really nice and unfortunately doesn't look like it's going to last very long
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 07-13-2015, 05:27 PM
russell's Avatar
russell russell is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 52
Default

gordon and macphail dallas dhu,1979.
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 07-14-2015, 01:31 AM
john_b's Avatar
john_b john_b is offline
ClubWhisky.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 187
Default

Picked up a GlenDronach 21 Parliament and a Laphroaig 18.
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 07-14-2015, 05:46 AM
jamesharry1 jamesharry1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: City of Westminster
Posts: 20
Default What Did You Buy Recently?

I bought 100 Pipers Deluxe Scotch Whisky distilled, aged and blended using traditional processes.The attractive dark golden spirit has a complex, aromatic and sweet nose with hints of oak, which carries on into the palate with a slight sweetness.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 07-20-2015, 08:07 PM
kirk's Avatar
kirk kirk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Grand Junction, Colorado
Posts: 2
Cool A. H. Hirsch

Just picked up 8 bottles of A. H. Hirsch Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
one of the Best bourbon you can get.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 07-22-2015, 06:36 AM
jamesharry1 jamesharry1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: City of Westminster
Posts: 20
Default What Did You Buy Recently?

Recently i bought Blanton's Gold Edition. I'm very eager to open it.. I come to, it is characteristically soft vanilla, cream soda and honey nose with hints of ginger and clove.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 07-24-2015, 07:55 AM
Thesahara Thesahara is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Default



I love Hakushu
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
whisky suggestions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Items I Recently Acquired WiNo_WiLLiE Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more... 1 02-05-2014 08:18 PM
Recently Acquired HawkHammer Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more... 9 05-24-2013 02:20 AM
Value/Dates of Several Bottles I Recently Found bcarn1202 Whisky Blends 16 03-02-2013 06:26 AM
Banff, 1975, 35 Yr Old For Sale langtonian Single Malt Scotch Whisky 2 11-02-2012 01:45 PM
Anybody noticed alcohol going up noticeably in price recently? Gary Wells Single Malt Scotch Whisky 1 10-09-2010 03:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Whisky.com Home | History of Whisky | Distillery Directory | Tours | Calendar of Events | Gift Shop | Contact Us