ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 12-11-2009, 12:03 AM
athomas7

Default Johnnie Walker Red Bottle - Please Help

My husband received this bottle of Johnnie Walker Red from the buyers of a house he sold to them. They found it in the basement. It was full at the time so my husband drank it. Not ones to hold onto items for the sake of collecting them, I’m interested in selling the bottle. I have looked all over the internet to try to date this bottle – to know what it is worth. I’m including photos and detailing what they say since some labels are difficult to read. I know Red Label was introduced in 1909, but beyond that I’ve found so much data, I’m confused. This bottle was in a paper bag (with corrugated cardboard inside) from Shannon International Airport – in case this is relevant.

Front Central Label – “Blended Scotch Whiskey Johnnie Walker Red Label Distilled Scotland, Blended and Bottled by Johnny Walker & Sons Ltd. Kilmarnock, Scotland 86.8 Proof One Full Quart Bottled in Scotland” The thing that stands out about this label to me is there is no writing in the gold area above the main red area. I’ve looked at ads from several different decades and most had writing in that gold area.

Top Front Label - "By Appointment to her Majesty The Queen Scotch Whisky Distillers John Walker and Sons LTD"

Gold Portion says "Full Quart"

more in next post

Last edited by michael; 02-03-2010 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 AM
athomas7

Default continuation of question

Foil Top says "John Walker & Sons Limited Kilmarnock"

Bottom Front Label - "Highest Awards Sydney 1880 Paris 1885 Adelaide 1887 Melbourne 1881 Dunedin 1890 Jamaica 1891 Brisbane 1897 Same Quality Throughout the World John Walkers & Sons Limited" and features the Striding Man in center of label.

Back Label - "Distilled and bottled in Scotland Under Bristish Government Supervision"

There are a few numbers on the bottom of the glass bottle, but I can't discern them. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Annie

Last edited by michael; 02-03-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Annie - we'll see if we can have this bottle dated. As for a value, we suggest you try mctears.com or bonhams.com Keep us posted on what they tell you.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:57 AM
athomas7

Jojo -
Thanks, I look forward to your input on the age of the botttle.

I'm working on the info with your recommended sites. Will keep you posted - if you have any thoughts, even range, that will help. Thanks!!!

Annie
Old 12-21-2009, 05:22 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Johnnie Walker

Annie - your Johnnie Walker bottle has been dated 1956-1960.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:09 PM
MJL

So how much are old Scotch bottles worth? I may well have a fortune in my garbage can.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 AM
kmorr2586

I am very interested in this as well. I have just recieved the same bottle (never opened) black label. The bottle seems to have all the same labels. It even still has the Bureau of ATF tax paid stamp across the top. Any idea how much this could be sold for?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

i have a bottle similar to the one mentioned above (red label) - same tags, different shape.may i ask if you sold it eventually, or if you found out the price value?
Thanks,
Karmit

Last edited by michael; 06-23-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Talking hi

I have one of those that i found in my grampas basement its still unopened
Old 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Ngsdjg

Default Duty free Johnnie walker and sons limited kilmarnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
Annie - we'll see if we can have this bottle dated. As for a value, we suggest you try mctears.com or bonhams.com Keep us posted on what they tell you.
Old scotch whiskey contains 1.1125 litres
Duty free Johnnie Walker Red Label old scotch anyone know the price
of this bottle I have the original box and is unopened Can send pictures on iphone so email me send through natane@live.com.au
Old 08-25-2012, 07:58 AM
tammy stanborough

Default wats this worth please!

hi,

i have on old 1820 scotch bottle.
the bottle is of john walker, he has top hat(lid) bow tie, red jacket and cane.

there is a red label o the front but half is ripped off, it reads: john walker & sons LFD, scotland. nett contents 1pt.6FL.OZS. there is somthing stamped over the top in white dots:331 61
on the gold cork lid is written:john walker & sons Ltd kilmarnock.

i have done some googling but i cant find another picture of this bottle??

can you help me please??
Old 08-27-2012, 06:53 AM

Default red label bottle value

Annie
This bottle may be from the late 1950s-early 1960s but it is empty; virtually worthless to collectors - perhaps five pounds if you're lucky.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Default older johnnie walker red label bottle on opened

I have three, what appears to be older bottles of johnnie walker red label. I can send pictures to anyone that may be able to give me more information. Thanks for the help.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:18 PM

Default JW red label

if you want to send images pls do - fransodk@gmail.com
Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Default johnnie walker

Hello,
I am working on a film in Canada and looking for quart bottles of Johnnie Walker-any chance the bottle is still available? Thanks

Tags
johnnie walker