ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 01-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Johnnie Walker Oldest FAKES?

HI, Iam new in collecting Johnnie Walker's, i found a Oldest that being sold in the internet, Is there a way that there are fakes of Johnnie Walker Oldest?
The Label that Iam buying reads Johnnie Walker Oldest instead of Johnnie Walker's Oldest, and the Font of the Johnnie Walker Oldest that Iam trying to buy is smaller compared to the Johnnie Walker's Oldest i found in the net?
PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:10 AM

Default Mind to post some photos?

Hi there! I'm quite surprise to hear that friend, would you mind to post some photos of it? Thanks...
Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm not surprised especially if it was on an internet auction site, many different brands all high value or purporting to be very old bottlings have been found to have problems, this has been going on since the late 1990's.
If you read the disclaimer on most if these sites you're not buying the whisky only the bottle and label, as they say "Buyer Beware" as you've no comeback if the whisky is not what it should be.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:29 PM

See post number 4 in this thread regarding variation on label/appearance.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:03 AM
ExiledScot

Default Johnnie Walker Oldest

Dear All;

If you see "Johnnie Walker's Oldest" then this could be fake!!

The authentic Oldest is labelled "Johnnie Walker Oldest". I have had a 75cl bottle in my possession since 1988 (the bottle number is I 04623JW) and it was soon thereafter that Johnnie Walker Blue Label succeeded "Oldest" on the market. I can also confirm that the
blend and taste is the same, only the packaging is different. I had the privilege some years
ago to sample both and am also the owner of a 1.00ltr bottle of "Johnnie Walker Blue Label" (number F 154110JW). Both are boxed and in pristine condition; the bottles remain unopened and intact with the Customs lead plumb-seal. However, I am not really interested in seeling any of them at this present time. The reason I offer the foregoing is to hopefully assist you differentiate between authentic and fake.

Tags
johnnie walker back, johnnie walker black, johnnie walker blue, johnnie walker oldest, johnnie walker red