ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 02-05-2015, 07:25 PM

Default Johnnie Walker Green Label authenticity check

Hello, I recently bought two bottles of Johnnie Walker Green label 750ml, I've been noticing different things on the bottle as it does not match up with the other bottles online.. its not cork top, its screw cap and the labels on the bottle is different so I don't know how to tell if the bottle is authentic or not, but what I do know is that green label is discontinued so I'm curious myself, if its some kind of old version or something...

Last edited by Islay Peat; 04-06-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:34 PM

Last edited by Islay Peat; 02-06-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:14 PM

Default Green label v2?

Today I strolled into a liquor store and saw 6 bottles. I was so excited that I bought two only to see that they are distinctly different than the boxed version that I am saving... Does anyone know if Diageo has decided to reissue the green but without the fancy box? I paid $59.99/bottle so I am hoping that it is no too much. Thanks all.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:08 AM

Yes this is seemingly a "new" release of green label (ie just a different bottle) for the US market - am assuming these are the final stocks of the blend as it is due to be retired from all markets by end of the year. Available from $50+
Old 02-08-2015, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info. Would you say that there is no collectibility value in these new bottles? I was reading how some were paying upwards of $200/bottle for the corked version prior to seeing the re-release. Don't get me wrong, I'm only saving them so that I may one day enjoy a long lost prize and of course brag to all that share it with me. Also, I have located some leftover, boxed, Gold bottles (not Gold Reserve) for $99. I picked up one as well but am tempted to buy a few more.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 AM

I am a collector myself so don't want to put anybody off collecting bottles but I certainly wouldn't pay $200 for this - it's a nice drink at $65 retail, but for $200 you can get plenty of other things, even if you were a JW collector, which I think are much more desirable. Remember JW production, unlike some other distilleries, is vast. So someone may be willing to pay $200 for the odd bottle for some reason but there are thousands of these bottles around - they are worth retail in my opinion.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 PM

Hey, thanks for the good info/advice. I'm going to take a step back for now and maybe revisit the store in a few months to see if they have any gold left.
Old 03-30-2015, 03:45 AM

Can anyone confirm that the identity/percentage of the major constituent malts in the new "Green" are the same as in the old? Thanx!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM

here guys, read this - http://whiskycast.com/green-label-mystery-resolved/

on a separate note, if you don't listen to whiskycast podcast, you should. it is a great source of information and mark (the guy who does it) is a great whisky resource. this is not an add and i am not affiliated in any way with whiskycast, just trying to help out

Tags
green label