ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 03-17-2012, 03:16 AM

Default How old is my white horse blended scotch whisky?

I know that I am new on here but I do not know anywhere else to go to find out how old this whisky is and what it may be worth. I don't want to drink it if it is worth something Thank you in advance for any help! This site is not letting me post pics yet so here is a physical description.

The bottle says it is a 1/2 gallon and has 4 letters ADHG and then No. 81864 on it. it is a yellow label with black lettering and on the right side of the "white horse picture" there is red letters saying "White Horse" but the word "Cellar" is not on the bottle after the red words "White Horse". There is a metal tin type lid on it with a twist tie and a red tax stamp/label across the lid of the bottle. There is a white horse poorer thingy that is with it but feels like an old plastic with black letters on it that say White Horse Scotch. The back has a label similar to the front being that it is yellow with black lettering and the red words "Whtie Horse" but it has a picture of an old WhiteHorse distillery on it.

Any ideas anyone?
Old 03-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Default white horse bottle

I also forgot that the bottle itself is clear and not dark like the others. Sorry, I do not know how to post links for my pics on here. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-18-2012, 11:01 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Yes, we can have your bottle of White Horse dated - try uploading photos now. If you need help, let us know.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM

Default Whitehorse scotch pics

Thank you so much for the response Here are the pics. I was guessing from everything that I read that it is fromt he 60s time frame?

Any kind of help would be appreciated!

The third picture in line is the back of the bottle fyi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2639.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2640.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1060   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2642.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1061   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP2644.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1062  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

jeeperfreak,

Your bottle appears to be late-1960's, not terribly old by Blended Whisky standards, but
very interesting to a collector (at least to me).

If you want to sell it, email me at wchurst@hotmail.com