ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 07-05-2013, 04:18 AM

Talking White Horse Cellar Unopened Bottle

Hi Everyone,
I came across an unopened bottle of White Horse Cellar Blended Scotch.
I tend to believe this may be an old bottle from possibly the 1940s. Is there anyway to find out or can someone point me in the direction to find out exactly how old it is? Is this bottle of any significant value? If so how much?
The bottle does not leak but the scotch is down to the shoulder. Why I don't know. My understanding is that scotch remains the same once bottled, however someone now told me I was wrong (that it gets better... this doesn't sound right). Does the air that somehow got in affect its taste?
I know my grandfather had it and my Dad held onto it for all these years.

I may want to drink it for the right occasion.
The bottle number is #QA 3335170.
White Horse Cellar Spring Cap 75.7cl / 43.4% Blended Scotch Whisky
A spring cap, red pull seal unopened and intact, closed, clear glass bottle of White Horse (HMQ) blended whisky. Bottle full to shoulder.
Thanks in advance for your help.