ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 07-30-2013, 03:06 PM

Default Old Johnnie Walker Black Label - "no" ABV?

Dear all,

I've seen quite some Johnnie Walkers (Red and Black) already, but the one I have has the feature of not showing any Percentage of Alcohol?
Depending on other posts, I'd assume it to be from the 60s or 70s - but if anyone of you has some more information, I'd highly appreciate it.

Starting with the box: Golden Box; 50% black ground. Within that black box, there is "Johnnie Walker" in white letters - "Black Label" in golden ones, followed by Extra special Old Scotch Whisky" (smaller font) and "Bottled in Scotland" (once again smaller).

The Screwcap: Reading on the top "EXTRA SPECIAL" - and on the side "QUART" written horizontally three times.
The Cap is according to Pat No. 1207487 (which means the bottle for sure has been filled after 1966 )

The "neck label" reads: "Johnnie Walker" Black Label

The "main label" - diagnoally - reads:
For Duty Free Sales Only
Extra Special
Old Scotch Whisky
John Walker & Sons Ltd., Kilmarnock, Scotland
Produce of Scotland

There is no info on the alcohol content at all.

Lower Label (White on Gold):
By appointment to
her majesty the queen
scotch whisky distillers

John Walker & Sons, Ltd.
Distillers, Kilmarnock, Scotland

One Label on the back: "Distilled and Bottled in Scotland under British Government Supervision"

Thanks a lot for your efforts - in case it helps, I'm of course more than happy to provide you with some pictures of it.

Slainte,
Marc
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 AM

Hi Marc - send me some pictures and I can date it for you - frans - fransodk@gmail.com
Old 08-17-2013, 07:45 AM

Hi Frans,

the mail is on its way to you.

Sorry that it took me so long.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 08-17-2013, 01:38 PM

Why not post photos and info here so we can all see? Isn't that the whole point of having a thread so members can research, reference and not ask the same questions, and have twenty threads on the same subject? Here's my old black label from the 1970's:

cheers, Mike

Last edited by complicated; 08-17-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:51 PM

Default JW Black

Here's the image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2073
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1897  
Old 08-18-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fransodk View Post
Here's the image
Great thanks fransodk. So whats the info on this one?

Cheers, Mike.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:11 AM

It’s a 1970s bottling for sure. In my opinion early to mid 70s - based on labels (front and back, description etc..) It's in great condition - fill level, labels and boxed
Old 08-20-2013, 01:33 AM

Question Help to date bottle...please

I had a bottle left to me by my father. I don't drink, but don't think I should just toss it. Any way to know how to date it? Where to go, who to ask? Any direction would be great. This site says I can't attach..not sure why
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 AM

Sorry..could info be sent to my email? Letsgo399@gmail.com
Old 08-20-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo399 View Post
I had a bottle left to me by my father. I don't drink, but don't think I should just toss it. Any way to know how to date it? Where to go, who to ask? Any direction would be great. This site says I can't attach..not sure why
Posting a photo here would be a start, that way you would have many responses, maybe even an offer to buy from you.

cheers, Mike.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsgo399 View Post
Try uploading photos now...
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 AM

Default early?john walker scotch

hello all im brand new here so I hope I am approaching the forum properly. I have 2 bottles of john walker and sons ltd Kilmarnock Scotland. one is a fifth size and the other is a pint size. neither have a label just embossed lettering. the pint has extra special on the cork. it is wired on. there is minimal evaporation. I would appreciate any information I could get as to the age and value of my stash. please contact me at misterfix46@yahoo.com as I may not be able to find my way back to this page. sorry this is my first attempt to blog anywhere. I hope I haven't broken any rules here if I have please forgive me. im looking forward to any information I can get. I am going to try to add some pictures here i hope the turn out ok. thank you all !!