ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 06-09-2015, 04:29 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Default JW King George - Two Different Bottles?

my local liquor store is having a sale of JW king george, but i wanted to do my research before even considering buying. and to my suprise, i have come across what appear to be 2 distinct bottles, both of which are called "king george v"

here is what my store is selling:

and here is the other version:

basically, does anyone know what, if any, difference there is between the slant label (top picture) and straight label (bottom)? there is a significant difference in price (several hundred US$), but i can find nothing on the actual difference between these two products.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:31 PM

Default King George bottles

Hi ctj,
The difference is the the one with the slanted label is an earlier edition of the King George and will come in a fancier blue box that you lift to slide open it should have a paper scroll within the box as a certificate , there are still a few around and should only be slightly more expensive than the current release which is the other one in your picture, it should come in a dark grey box.....not as fancy packaging. The whisky itself is still the same quality so really it's the packaging and release date that's different.

My recommendation is to buy the one that they are selling for the lowest sale price ( if it is on sale) do some googling and shop around first.
We can still buy both versions in retail stores in Australia but the older blue box is now getting harder to find. Note there is also a commemorative red box version with a bit of scroll work on the bottom , these were limited to duty free mainly in Asia in limited numbers.

All that said its a nice heavy impressive bottle

I can send you pictures of all three that I have for your reference.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	2309  

Last edited by coolfruits; 08-06-2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Additions
Old 08-08-2015, 09:26 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Thumbs up Thanks, coolfruits!

Thanks for your input, coolfruits!
Old 08-23-2015, 04:18 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

thanks, coolfruits! that is very helpful.

Tags
king george