ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Old 03-13-2018, 06:04 PM

Default Bottle of JD Monogram signed by Frank... What to do with it?

When I retired from the military a few years ago a friend gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels Monogram thats been signed by the... Guy there, Frank Bolo M.N.#5. I don't drink much and I know little and JD. I've been saving it in cool dark place for the day important enough to open it which hasn't happened yet and the days that were I forgotten I had it. It's still sealed and in it's box in my basement. Is there anything I need to do to make sure it lasts. I know wine is stored on it's side but this is whiskey. It's a pretty bottle.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:57 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

First off, welcome to ClubWhisky.com and thanks for your service to country.

It sounds like you've got the bottle in the right place, and no, you don't need to keep whisky on its side, but it is a good thing to tip the bottle every once in a while to wet the cork. Other than that, just make sure it's in a safe upright position away from too much heat and you're good to go.