ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 09-16-2019, 06:10 AM

Default Ardbeg 10 is looking darker

The latest (it might be 4/5 years since I bought it) Ardbeg 10 I opened is definitely looking darker in the Glencairn. I hope they aren't adding caramel coloring to please the eyes of the unwashed masses.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:18 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I haven't been even buying the Ardbeg 10, preferring to stick with the Corryvreckan, but I did buy a bottle a while back that I just opened tonight and am completely in love with, so far. Kelpie is definitely worth taking a look into and I'm liking it very much right now. Nice, nice, nice!
Old 10-03-2019, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
I haven't been even buying the Ardbeg 10, preferring to stick with the Corryvreckan, but I did buy a bottle a while back that I just opened tonight and am completely in love with, so far. Kelpie is definitely worth taking a look into and I'm liking it very much right now. Nice, nice, nice!
Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age but I opened a Corryvreckan last week and I'm finding it a bit harsh. Dare I say I actually cut it with about 20% Balvenie DW 12 and thought it plenty good.
I'm currently having visions of buying a case of Springbank 10 and a couple bottles of their S.B.15 in Minneapolis next May/June on a possible cross country motor trip. As I get older many desires are only pipe dreams but one still can hope.

P.S.
Ardbeg 10 is a good whisky. If we could just get our hearts and minds off the often unattainable "better" stuff we'd appreciate it even more
Old 10-03-2019, 08:53 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxcarBill View Post
Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age but I opened a Corryvreckan last week and I'm finding it a bit harsh.

Ardbeg 10 is a good whisky. If we could just get our hearts and minds off the often unattainable "better" stuff we'd appreciate it even more
It can be strong when you're not in the right mood, but Corryvreckan and Kelpie are now my two favorite Ardbegs. Even so, I still love the 10 and will never turn my nose up at it.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:21 AM

Bad news:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/felipes.../#1dfebd4d207f