ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 11-07-2015, 11:57 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Default Balvenie 15

Just got a call from the store nearby saying they could get me two different types of Balvenie 15; one priced at close to $100 and the other at about half that.

Has anyone here tried either of these two newer bottlings because it would be nice if we had some idea of how they compare with the old favorite Single Barrel that was previously discontinued.

I plan on buying both as soon as they get them in stock and will report back but in the meantime, someone go try them and tell us your thoughts.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:30 PM

Peat,
I am only aware of the old Bourbon barrel (discontinued) and the newer sherry cask. You seem to be talking about something very new

Love the old one. The sherry cask is also good but I personally like the old one better. But I'm not a sherry cask lover, at least yet.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:11 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
Peat,
I am only aware of the old Bourbon barrel (discontinued) and the newer sherry cask. You seem to be talking about something very new

Love the old one. The sherry cask is also good but I personally like the old one better. But I'm not a sherry cask lover, at least yet.
The old Single Barrel is incredible and I can't believe they took it away from us, but that's why I'm willing to take a shot in the dark and hope that both of these are worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as the original.