ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Dimple Blue Ceramic Bottle

Manufacturer, batch number and other markings : John Haig & co. Ltd
Colours: blue
Origin: Scotland
General Comments: This bottle is a collectable from before the word Haig was dropped from Dimple labels. Sold as is. Bottle is empty. The bottle bears the crest of Dimple
Height: 25cm. 75 cl

Anybody can help me with where i can find such an item. I have one but i would like to buy another one. Anybody knows how much it costs?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Anybody knows how much it costs for a Dimple Blue ceramic bottle full of its whisky?

Does anybody know approximately how much this item costs? I have a bottle that its closed and it has its whisky as it was when it got out of the factory. Anybody can give me an estimate?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default We need photos!!

We can certainly get you moving in the right direction, but we ourselves can never move forward without any photos. This is a typical response we get:

"We wouldn't like to pass comment on the rarity or value of this bottle without seeing some shots of it so please can you ask your member to send some shots to us, clearly showing the whole bottle, plus labels and closure being used."

So as you can see we are at a standstill without having photos to pass along. You will need to register in order to post, however, you can also always send them directly to me at Joanne AT CCIN.com Please be sure to put URGENT! Whisky.com in the subject line.

Many thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Atb883
Exclamation Whisky Dimple Blue Decanter Ceramic

yoy have any informations about at this whisky dimple haig blue caramic bottle full of whisky? history and probably price?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_20131210_174003699600828.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	2063   Click image for larger version

Name:	tmp_20131210_174013-1648849714.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	2064  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

We can see if we can get more information on your bottle as well as have it dated. Thanks for the photos!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Atb883
Exclamation Whisky Dimple Blue Decanter Ceramic

okay, thanks. I'm at work now, when I came at home I made more pictures!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:32 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Dimple - Blue Decanter

Our contact at the Diageo company archive where the records of John Haig & Co., as well as the companyís historic collection of bottles and decanters are held tells us the below:

Your decanter is one of a series that was produced in the 1980s. We donít have an exact record of the year, but it is likely to have been c1988. I have found an old catalogue showing the range of decanters available from this era and the description of your decanter is as follows:

ĎThis deep blue decanter, tastefully adorned with 22-carat gold tracework, contains Dimple, one of the finest 12 year old whiskies ever to come out of Scotlandís celebrated distilleries. The decanterís elegant design is clearly shown through the unique display box in which it is supplied. Its luxurious appearance affords it a generous measure of distinction wherever it stands.í

The decanter would have original come in a box with clear plastic sides and a handle made out of gold coloured rope.

To maintain the condition of your decanter and the whisky inside it, keep it in a cool, dark place and always out of direct sunlight.