ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky, Scotch, Bourbon, Whiskey Events, Tastings & Festivals

Whisky, Scotch, Bourbon, Whiskey Events, Tastings & Festivals Feel free to post your upcoming whisky, bourbon and/or scotch tastings, events and festivals here! ClubWhisky.com will also be adding these types of events in this category. If you've attended any of these events, share with us your feedback and photos!

Old 08-10-2015, 05:07 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Louisville, KY: Say goodbye to Four Roses Master Distiller, Jim Rutledge

Bourbons Bistro to Hold a Retirement Party in Honor of Jim Rutledge
Celebrate the Accomplishments of a Legend on Saturday, August 29that 6:00pm.

Louisville, Ky. Join Bourbons Bistro on Saturday, August 29th as it celebrates the accomplishments of and says goodbye to Four Roses Master Distiller, Jim Rutledge. Rutledge, 71, has been in the bourbon industry for almost five decades.

The difference will be I can choose when and where I work and I can spend more time at home, said Rutledge. While he will officially retire on Tuesday, September 1st, Rutledge will continue to work with Four Roses as a consultant while spending time at home with his wife, Beverly.

I feel like I could go another ten years or more, but Ive chosen to do it in a different way, on a more relaxed basis and still do some good for Four Roses.

Bourbons Bistro will host the Rutledge retirement party in their private event space. Doors will open at 6:00 pm. Appetizers are complimentary with a cash bar. The restaurant asks that you RSVP by calling (502) 894-8838.

Bourbons Bistro
www.bourbonsbistro.com
2255 Frankfort Ave, Louisville, KY 40206

Last edited by Jojo; 08-10-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM

I would love to go, hats off to the man. And his last batch of LE Barrel strength is some of the best bourbon I can remember having.