ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 07-24-2015, 06:07 AM

Default Beer with Whiskey..?

Beer with Whiskey..?
Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 AM

Boilers?
I heard imperial stout goes with Islay malt (not mixed together until they are in your tummy) but won't try it until the cooler weather sets in.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:16 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

No doubt some enjoy the two together, i.e. the aforementioned boilermaker is one way, but mixing beer and whisk(e)y is not for me. I enjoy the individual flavors of each beverage on their own.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_b View Post
No doubt some enjoy the two together, i.e. the aforementioned boilermaker is one way, but mixing beer and whisk(e)y is not for me. I enjoy the individual flavors of each beverage on their own.
-What he said. I assume the original poster meant beer and whisky taken at the same time, and not necessarily mixed together?
Old 08-05-2015, 01:03 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-o'-the-Sod(?) View Post
-What he said. I assume the original poster meant beer and whisky taken at the same time, and not necessarily mixed together?
I assumed the same thing. I was thinking about a whisk(e)y with a beer chaser, which some folks call a boilermaker, or maybe a depth charge, which is what I think of when I hear the term "boilermaker." Not much real difference, I guess.

In younger days, I've mixed beer and liquor. Once mixed in some wine; a seriously regrettable mistake.

In short, If the OP is looking for suggestions on pairings, I'm no help.