ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests If you would like to see if your bottle can be dated, please post in this category along with images. At this time, ClubWhisky.com is NOT dating bottles, however, our members may be able to help out! Note that ClubWhisky.com does NOT offer valuations either, but at times we do have experts who chime in and offer an idea of worth.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:15 PM

Default At Least 20 Year Old Bottle Of Dewar's White Label

Hello,

Could you please help me approximately figure out from what year this bottle of Whisky is from? I have tried looking at other threads and internet resources. There is no year on the inside of the label, but it says KL EDRD. The bottom of the bottle has 750 ml, э, 66mm, UG in a hexagon, 159, and U8. I believe it is at least 20 yrs old, as I've seen it in my parents house at least that long. I've asked them and they can't remember as they don't drink. Another thing I would like to know is what all the markings on the bottom mean. 750 ml and 66mm seem obvious and UG I found is united glass company, but I am clueless on the other stuff. Thanks. The photos can be found at this link: http://imgur.com/a/qAwgH

Last edited by mdfRTR; 05-11-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:43 AM

Hi there,

Your bottle of Dewar's stems from the late 1980s. It's hard to date these older blends to an exact year as the companies didn't bother with making their bottles trackable. That said, the 'KL EDRD" is probably an early form of a bottle code, but I have no knowledge of it.

Hope this was helpful!
Emile

Tags
dewar's