ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 06-27-2018, 12:41 PM

Default Real Auction Prices - How To Overview

Dear whisky colleagues.

I am whisky collector, just like all of you and I am still struggling with prices for desired bottles. There are many sources, where to buy: auctions, e-shops, shops, ebay....

Since today, it was invisible for me, how prices are driven on auctions. So I think to build an interactive tool, which is collecting all prices from all whisky web pages from all auctions with all history of prices for every whisky sold on these electronic auctions. The tool will be interactive, you can filter inside regarding your preferences.. The idea is also include all additional costs from hammer price (fee, transport, tax....) cause the whisky phenomena is valid for the whole world. The outcome should be that you should have pretty good idea, how to bid with reasonable price in auction, taken into the consideration where are you located, how was the history of the price of this particular bottle, what will be the additional fee costs on top of the hammer price, last but not least, which auction web site is the best for me!

Idea behind this, is also that this tool will be paid, with reasonable price. I am interesting about your comments, weather you will be interested to buy such a tool, what should be the content, what will be then your expectations... In today's possibilities of IT technologies, its possible to built this kind of tool. No limits there.

Thanks for you inputs.

Tags
auction