ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Default Diamond Cut Glencairns And Spiegelau Pocket Glasses - My Favorites!

I've been enjoying these particular glasses for a while now and thought it made sense to share them with others who may like to get their own.

Everyone knows the classic Glencairn glass, and some are even aware of the cut crystal ones, but my personal favorite is the diamond cut version.

Much as I like my plain Glencairn, the diamond cut both feels nice, and being real crystal (but lead free), rings as only crystal can when toasting. I really like the feel in my hand too, especially since my favorite drams stay in the glass, which in turn stays in my hand while I take turns at savoring the aroma.

No pics yet, but I'll try to post some soon. I got them from a site called ClassicHostess and for what I find to be a very reasonable cost of just over $15 per glass in a set of four.
By contrast, the simpler cut crystal glasses run much higher for just a pair.

My other favorite is a small just-larger-than-shot-glass tumbler with a tapered top by German maker Spiegelau. These have been with me for a few months now and I had to give away a couple of the first ones I bought when one of my friends decided they could not be parted with.

I'll try to get pics of both of these up within the next few days.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Great feedback - THANKS for sharing!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 PM

The glass can really make the dram! It's amazing just how much of a difference in both nose and taste specialty tasting glasses can make. I have a Riedel single malt glass that I have been using for a couple of years, but I recently bought a Glencairn glass from one of our members, bkblankenship, on an auction site. I am extremely pleased with it, I think I like it more than the Riedel.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:32 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I brought my favorite Glencairns to a scotch tasting and this is one of the first to wet the inside.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:36 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

These were two of my favorite drinks for the night and unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take a picture with the Lagavulin 12.

Tags
glass, glencairn glass, glencairns, spiegelau