ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 01-01-2017, 05:35 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Default Haig Haig Prohbition era(?)/Somerset Importers

Hello enthusiasts! I recently acquired some vintage liquor from the estate of a
Gatsby-esk tycoon. I have four Haig and Haig, pre 'chickenwire' packaging. Original boxes. I would guess they are Prohibition era, but would like to get some information about history and value. I also have unopened Benedictine and a B&B, and some interesting other stuff.
I would be happy to be contacted at wildings1@gmail.com.
Unfortunaly I cant figure out how to post pictures, when I click on the icon I am asked for the URL of the pictures - they are in "my documents" on my computer. I note the rules say I can not post attachments - how do I show those interested the pictures?
Thank you, and with best regards, Tony Zane Betz

I thought members might be interested in the Joe Kennedy association with
Somerset Importers, the purveyor of this Haig&Haig.
In 1933, with the election won and Roosevelt inaugurated, Kennedy took a trip to Europe with James Roosevelt, the new presidentís son. The end of Prohibition had been implicit in Rooseveltís election, and Kennedy saw in it a new business possibility. While in England he obtained rights to become the US agent for Haig & Haig Ltd., John Dewar and Sons, Ltd. and Gordon's Dry Gin Company Ltd. When Prohibition officially ended, with the ratification of the 21st amendment, Kennedy and his company, Somerset Importers, were poised to take advantage of the countryís rehabilitated thirst with an enormous stockpile of liquor imports

Tags
b&b, benedictine, haig, haig & haig