ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 01-17-2009, 12:31 AM
scjohnk

Default Jack Daniels Barrel

I won a Jack Daniels Barrel (pictured below). The barrel was from a single barrel production for Wiesbaden Germany. It was produced April 2008. I also have a bottle of the whisky which came from this barrel. I am curious about what something like this would be worth considering that it's a one of a kind item. Also, would having a bottle or two of the whisky which matches the barrel increase it's value?

Is this an item which would be expected to increase in value over time?

Thanks

John

Old 01-17-2009, 12:42 AM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Talking Very cool!

Wow, what an awesome thing to win! I'll look into it and see what I can find out for you.

Cheers!
Old 01-17-2009, 12:46 AM
scjohnk

I'm resisting the urge to open the bottle and try it. Been difficult, but I'm remaining strong.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 AM

Default JD Single Barrel

This is an item that would have value to a strong cadre of JD collectors now ("single barrel," autographed, with sealed bottle of the whiskey that came from the bottle -- this is a confluence of the planets that doesn't come just every day!) and a collectible group that will retain and increase in value with time.
When you sell may depend on (a) how long you have the room to keep this around the house (make sure the bottle is kept in a cool, stable temp environment) and (II) how long you can resist the temptation to crack the cork! If you do drink the devine ambrosia, the group will still have value, but not as much.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scjohnk View Post
I won a Jack Daniels Barrel (pictured below). The barrel was from a single barrel production for Wiesbaden Germany. It was produced April 2008. I also have a bottle of the whisky which came from this barrel. I am curious about what something like this would be worth considering that it's a one of a kind item. Also, would having a bottle or two of the whisky which matches the barrel increase it's value?

Is this an item which would be expected to increase in value over time?
I'd offer that the barrel itself might not necessarily
increase in value anytime in the near future. It looks
to be signed by the current MD (Jeff Arnett) who
took over in April 2008 so there's probably quite a
few more barrels to come with his signature.

The bottle with the tag is a nice addition but again,
may be limited in its value unless you were to find a
JD collector looking to add that specific bottling to
his stash (though with the recent bottle redesign
in March 2009, the bottle may rise in value quicker
than the barrel!)
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Whisky.com Expert

Send a message via MSN to Eric1965
Default Will the Value Increase?

Yes! This would be under the Folk Art / Whiskey listing I should think and you are lucky to have. Keep all paperwork with the barrel and the bottle that you received with it. To the collector the barrel with a bottle of the actual whiskey produced would affect price.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:02 PM

Default Single barrel

For sure this will increase in time. Keep it safe and sound. I know for sure a lot of (European) collectors would love to have a barrel like that. Did it come with original certificates ?
The bottle shape has changed so like all the other members on this forum say, keep the barrel & bottle together and see what time will do to its value. At the moment loads of old single barrel bottles are around so give it some time..... I would say, never sell it but if you ever deside to sell, let me know (LOL)

Tags
jack daniels, jack daniels - barrel