ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 07-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Mick

Default Old Parr Whisky

Hi - Do you folks handle Old Parr Whisky?
Mick
Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Question Old Parr Whisky

Hello Mick!

Whisky.com does not 'handle' Old Parr, but we can certainly try to assist you - what's your question?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Mick

Arrow Old Parr Whisky

Yes, I have 3 bottles - about a liter ea. How many different types of Old Parr are there? This is more to show off on a shelve than actually consume. And, if I wanted to purchase Old Parr, who would I contact to see where I can do so and last but not least, what's the background on the name "Old Parr"?

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Old Parr Whisky & Old Tom Parr

We're familiar with three variants of Old Parr: Grand Old Parr (12 year old), Old Parr (15 year old), Old Parr Superior (18 year old).

Where to find this deluxe blended Scotch whisky? Contact this brand's owner, Diageo. Here's their email address for general information: global.general.information@diageo.com Here's their phone number: +44 (0)20 7927 5200

So you're curious about the name Old Parr, huh? Well, Old Parr or Old Tom Parr was Britain's oldest man! Apparently or should we say ...supposedly....he lived for 152 years and at the age of 122 he married for the second time!

Charles I arranged for him to be buried in Westminster Abbey on November 15, 1635. Some say his records were confused with his grandfather's, but I enjoy the story the way it is and find no need to delve further!

Good luck to you - perhaps Old Parr Scotch will keep you young!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr

I Have And Old Bottle Of Old Parr That Was Dist From Park Ave In Manhattan . Its And Old Bottle With And Old Man On The Front Sealed And Full! Any Info?
Old 09-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Question Old Parr - send more info!

Can you post a picture of the bottle of Old Parr you have?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation where can i buy an old parr bottle in NYC??

does anybody know where can i buy an old parr bottle in NYC??
my body need it!!
Old 03-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

If you have any friend that travel occasionally to Latin America, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, you can get them
Old 04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr seen

Hello!
If traveling to Japan, You can find it easily. Almost every well equipped liqueur store has it. You may also want to check those big many-story elecrtonic shops. Actually many of those have an "alcohol department" -selling malt whiskies with a decent price.

Old Parr 12yrs seen also in Guam airport in early April...

Check our webpages. Under construction, but up and running at last!
whiskyweljet.com ("Mr. Lagavulin")
Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr de luxe 12 year old

I have a 1 litre bottle grand old parr de luxe whisky aged 12 years. Is it worth anything? mr ogilvie
Old 08-25-2008, 02:06 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Grand Ole Parr

How long have you had this bottle of Grand Ole Parr? We need to see a photo - make it clear and a get great shots anywhere there is wording. Just a note, you'll have to register on this Whisky.com Forum in order to post pictures. It's easy and free. If you need help posting a photo, let me know and I will post for you.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Wink i will give u "old parr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my body need it!!
plz send me reason, why ur body need Old Parr.
if ur reason is satisfactory for me, to give u a bottel of that one. then i will give u ok.
u may contact me at shahabidpasha@yahoo.com
and plz next time use in ( inverted commas the name ie "Old Parr")
thanks
wish u best of luck
Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
KallumParr

Funny Enough my name Is Kallum Parr :P Lol
Old 09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Default whiskey fan

I was born in Colombia, South America but I'd been living in Australia for 12 Yrs. Love OLD PARR!!! It's a very traditional drink in Colombia, but oh!! surprise it's not known in Australia. Does any anyone-please, please, please- knows how the h&*ll can I get one in Sydney? I was lucky enought to have two 1 lt botls. brought as gift to me from malasya, but the temptations were too much and their're gone now. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr

We are actually the design team behind Grand Old Parr. Diageo own the brand and the easiest place to purchase a bottle is Japan or Asia Pacific markets, I understand it is readily available.... If you have the cash for the Limited Edition the bottle is well worth it.

You can have a look at the range (4 in total) below.

http://www.blackburnsdesign.com/web-.../old_parr.html

Cheers.

Andy
Old 11-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
my body need it!!
YOU CAN BUY THEM IN THE AIRPORT - BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY & COME BACK... I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT IS NOT SOLD IN THE STATES
Old 12-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Smile i have 6 bottles and half old parr whisky

I live in virginia send me a email mirkodorado@hotmail.com
Old 12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Could anyone help me to find Grand Old Parr Whiskey 18 Years Old in England. I need 40 bottles of them.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Do you folks know where in UK I can buy Old Parr Whisky 18 years old?
Old 12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Chapapa24@hotmail.com

Default RE: does anybody know where can i buy an old parr bottle in NYC??

Quote:
my body need it!!
I know a place where you can buy it if you still interested just send me an e-mail to chapapa24@yahoo.com and I'll be more than happy to give you the information.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:27 AM
Unregistered

Default mamafett

aww for all of you out there, my uncle just came fro Colombia with old parr!!! 5 bottles wish I could share
Old 01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Default Grand Old Parr

I am writing this post as I pour myself a fourth helping of Grand Old Parr. This Whisky is simply magnificent for a blended 12 year old, and I say b u l l o c k s to the idiot who wrote whisky is only decent if its single malt - guess he has never heard of Chivas Regal Royal Salute - but that is another post. This whisky is fantastic... it is clean and smooth, and has a pleasant peaty aftertaste. You can tell it is a whisky of class the minute you sip it. Another thing, some of you have written that this whisky is cheap or priced in the same range as other 12 yr olds - I am here to tell you that is not so in the only Asian country in which this drink is available.

Chivas Regal 12 yr old - 2820 Yen
Walker Black Label - 3110 Yen
Grand Old Parr - 6310 Yen

As you can see, it is by far the most expensive 12 yr old in its category in Japan. I also want to share my knowledge with some of the people who have been moaning about getting a bottle in NYC or London - Like Dimple Whisky, which is also frigging excellent, Grand Old Parr produce EXPORT ONLY products, meaning even in Scotland their stuff is unavailable - and for those in the US, your country is not listed among those countries to which this product is exported, so tough luck I guess. Another thing - Grand old Parr is not as popular in Japan as googling will have you assume, remember, much of human knowledge s based on the past, and indeed, this whiskey was the in drink during the bubble period years, but not anymore. Whisky is not too popular among Asians these days, and Chivas Regal 12 yrs old, Walker Black, and Grand old Parr have suffered.

This is an excellent whisky - beaten only by Royal Salute {21 Yrs old} in my experience, and perhaps by Dimple {18 yrs old} but I am not sure about that because I tasted it so long ago. Much like this is only available in Japan and South America, Dimple is only available at high end Hong Kong and some extremely high end mainland nightclub and restaurants in China...of such is the nature of the world economy...bugger!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 AM
47thehitman

Handling the Old Parr whisky. You have many blends of Old Parr (I'm a strict Old Parr drinker). The normal Grand Old Parr being 12 years old. There is a 15 years old blend and there is the Old Parr Superior 18 years. There is an Old Parr many people will never taste. It's called Old Parr Golden Age Queen Elizabeth Limited Edition or also Old Parr Elizabethan (ranging from USD 1100 a bottle and up). The normal blend 12 years can be served with ice, coke, sprite, soda water and some people drink it with tonic water. The 15 years and the 18 years should be served either straight, with ice or soda and the Elizabethan should be straight or with ice.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Mr Ata

Dear Jojo,

I've contacted diaego asking to help me find Grand Old Parr 18 year old. They said that it is available only in Japan, but didn't give any contact information. I would be very grateful if you help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Default old parr

I have a bottle of Grand old Parr 70% proof ,first purchased in 1970 ...original label....26 Fl Oz.
could it be worth something? The label is completely different than others I have seen
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Default cuziebro

hi i have found a bottle of old parr in my uncles estate an it dosent specify its age being 12,15 or 18. it is not a twist top,its got sum sort of wire caping .contents
1 pint 6 fl oz
specially selected old
scothch whisky
blended by the proprietors
macdonald greenlees ltd
distillers
leith scotland
bottled under commonwealth supervision
aged 152 years

that is what is on the lable ,i will post some pics in the up coming week.
till then if anyone can help ,please reply to doug_hehir@hotmail.com

thanks
Old 04-25-2009, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

Default old par in china!

where can i find old parr in china? or thailand!
Old 04-25-2009, 01:00 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
where can i find old parr in china? or thailand!
I know for sure you can get Old Parr in Duty Free at the airport - just saw it in Beijing and Shanghai. Not sure about Thailand - it's been MANY years (too many) since I have been there. Good luck!
Old 06-06-2009, 06:48 AM
JoeE

I have an unopened bottle of Grand Old Parr that is at lease 15 years old (on top of the label age). Most of the labeling is dried and fallen off but the top has a thick wire twist tie much like a champagne bottle only thicker wire held under tin. If i take a picture will that help and where should I post or send it? I'm curious to know how old this bottle is, if it is drinkable and what it might be worth.

I would appreciate any help or thoughts.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 06-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr

I have a bottle of "Grand Old Parr De Luxe Scotch Whisky" as well. It's still in the box and has never been opened. How can i tell how old it is and how long does it last? It doesn't have an aged time frame on it only the words "real antique and rare old." The only numbers on the bottom are "47 U4" and on the bottom left corner of the front label "PS/2/81"
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Aruba

Smile "old parr"

By seeing all of these comment"s i have to be happy where i live. That is a can go to any regular store or supermarket and i can buy a bottle for less then $ 30. hehehe that is grand old parr thus 12 years old. but i can buy the other one's also but i dont remember the prices.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Default 60 year Old Parr

Yesterday a good friend of mine appeared with a bottle of Grand Old Parr whisky which he had been given by his father. His own estimation was that it was at least 60 years old. There's very little information of the bottle, no strength or size details. It came in an old orange and white cardboard box. And there's a label on the back saying something like "bottled under the supervision of the British Government". The cap was metal with a sort of twisted wire to seal it.

I said I'd tried to find out about it, does anyone have any information I can pass on.

Finally.........it tasted terrific.

Thank you.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr Scotch

Quote:
Can you post a picture of the bottle of Old Parr you have?
I also have an unopened bottle of Grand Old Parr Scotch. Have had it over 40 years and I am looking to sell but do not know it's worth. I have photos of it but can't seem to paste to this message board.
My e-mail is Divinos@comcast.net
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
I also have an unopened bottle of Grand Old Parr Scotch. Have had it over 40 years and I am looking to sell but do not know it's worth. I have photos of it but can't seem to paste to this message board.
My e-mail is Divinos@comcast.net
You need to be registered in order to post pix. Also, as for value, at this time, Whisky.com is not offering valuations, however, you can try mctears.com or bonhams.com
Old 10-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Grand Old Parr

Hi,
I have a bottle of Grand Old Parr Scotch (Leith Scotland MacDonald Greenlees LTD Distillers) with a registration number of 613868. Can you tell me how old this is and if it is any good?

Jim
Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 AM
ozzie

Default Old Parr

IF ANYBODY WOULD LIKE TO BUY OLD PARR I DO SELL IT HERE IN MIAMI only 12 year o.75 ltr $36 plus shipping

info@iplexinc.net
Old 12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Default officially sold in the US

I heard it's starting to be sold in all Liquor stores here in the Tri-State area...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Default old parr

well im in texas and i get old parr evry week from mexico if any one wants some u can contac me act jhs2226@hotmail.com
Old 01-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr is sold on EBay itn the U.S.

They go for $45-55 with shipping included for the 750ml bottle...I couldn't find it anywhere until ebay...finally!
Old 01-09-2010, 05:04 AM
rodney300

Default old parr

hello.. I have a bottle of grand old parr specially selected old scotch whisky. it also has a sealed corked top.. i am not sure how old it is..it has been in the family for over 50 years. can you help me?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney300 View Post
hello.. I have a bottle of grand old parr specially selected old scotch whisky. it also has a sealed corked top.. i am not sure how old it is..it has been in the family for over 50 years. can you help me?
rodney300 - sure! We can have your bottle of Dimple dated, but as always, we need photos. Be sure to include a pic of the entire bottle, the closure and the label (needs to be clear enough for us to read it).
Old 01-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Tea

Default Old Parr ?

Have a bottle of "Grand Old Parr De Luxe Scotch Whiskey". Apparently its been lying in the cupboard for over 40 years. How do I tell how old it is and can you tell me what the value of it is
Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

Red face help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Have a bottle of "Grand Old Parr De Luxe Scotch Whiskey". Apparently its been lying in the cupboard for over 40 years. How do I tell how old it is and can you tell me what the value of it is
off the wall question how can i open up my bottle of old parr 15 year aged years? any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Default old parr

Hi, I'm from auburn Washington and I can get you "old parr " if you're interested I'm asking for $ 150.00 per bottle! That include shipping and only in the U.S.A. here's my e-mail .........Val770cza@Gmail.com.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Question

Hello, I was invited by a distributor of Old Parr whisky to a test of the blend in a local Restaurant-Bar and during the presentation the speaker told us that the Superior was not an 18 year old whisky, that it fell into the "non-date" category like the Walker Blue Level or the Buchanan's Red seal. He said that one of the blends used for the superior was 65 years old! is that true?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Hi mickey

we carry old parr at bob's liquor -Leesburg 352-315-0000
Old 06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Default I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
could anyone help me to find grand old parr whiskey 18 years old in england. I need 40 bottles of them.
i do have any bottles of all parr that you need 0.75 and 1 ltr
Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 PM
ra.inman.13@hotmail.com

Default how much

how much is a 25 oz. sealed bottle of grand old parr worth
Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
filipa_duarte@sapo.pt

Default Old Parr 12 years of age frm 1988

I have a bottle of 3.75l from 1988, this botthe cames with an iron support, could you tell me how much is it worth?
thank you.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Smile Old Parr in Texas

Here you can buy online at

specsonline.com/

Not sure if they shipped since I just buy at the store.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:27 AM

I have a VERY old bottle of Grand Old Parr that is sealed in wax with an IRS sticker and a serial number.Do you ,or can you tell how much or how old this is? Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Arrow Grand Old Parr

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshark721 View Post
I have a VERY old bottle of Grand Old Parr that is sealed in wax with an IRS sticker and a serial number.Do you ,or can you tell how much or how old this is? Thanks,
Mark
We can have your bottle of Old Parr dated, but need photos. If you need help posting pix, let me know
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Grand Old Parr 152 yrs

Hi I have a bottle of

Grand Old Parr Specially
Selected Old
Scotch Whisky
Distilled & Blended in Scotland
Blended by Proprietors
MACDONALD GREENLEES LTD
DISTILLERS
Leith Scotland
Bottle under Commonwealth Supervision
Thomas Parr
Aged 152 years

I think its about 50 yrs old also ?
Where would I go to find out the value ?

If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you Wendy
Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Andre AUA

Default Aruba

Old Parr is widely available in Aruba by Romar Trading Company. romartrading.com/web_whiskies_blended.aspx
Old 03-20-2011, 06:12 AM
elpaisitamaschimba

Default whiskey traits.

Ok let me first start off and finish by saying this blue label > old parr superior, 154 years or 200 years. it doesnt matter blue label johnnie walker rules enough said
Old 06-12-2011, 06:11 AM

Default Old Parr

Hello, I have an Old Parr bottle, a "Grand Old Parr De luxe Scotch Whisky". It doesn't have a blending age and it only says "real antique and rare old". I'd like to know the blending time and also if it is a type of special edition or something because I haven't seen any of them in stores... it belonged to my grandfather. I'd also like to now if it tastes as the 12-year-old Old Parr. Here are the pictures:

Old Parr Bottled in Scotland
was interred at
Westminster Abbey A.D. 1635
Thomas Parr. Aged 152 Years
Grand Old Parr
Real Antique and Rare Old
De Luxe
Scotch Whisky
Macdonald Greenlees LTD
Distillers Edinburgh Scotland
75cl Gay Lussac 43°
Distiled and bottled in Scotland under British Government supervision
SD2
Liquor Bottle Scotland
7 04

If you know something else about this bottle, I'd be glad to read it.
Thanks a lot!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

MarionneD - we will see if we can date your bottle.

The image links are not working, so I will re-post:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/s6001942.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/s6001943.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/s6001944.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/s6001945.jpg/
Old 06-20-2011, 05:03 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarionneD View Post
Hello, I have an Old Parr bottle, a "Grand Old Parr De luxe Scotch Whisky". It doesn't have a blending age and it only says "real antique and rare old". I'd like to know the blending time and also if it is a type of special edition or something because I haven't seen any of them in stores... it belonged to my grandfather. I'd also like to now if it tastes as the 12-year-old Old Parr. Here are the pictures:

Old Parr Bottled in Scotland
was interred at
Westminster Abbey A.D. 1635
Thomas Parr. Aged 152 Years
Grand Old Parr
Real Antique and Rare Old
De Luxe
Scotch Whisky
Macdonald Greenlees LTD
Distillers Edinburgh Scotland
75cl Gay Lussac 43°
Distiled and bottled in Scotland under British Government supervision
SD2
Liquor Bottle Scotland
7 04

If you know something else about this bottle, I'd be glad to read it.
Thanks a lot!
Your bottle of Old Parr has been dated from the late 1980s. "The story of Old Parr begins in the latter half of the 1800s when James and Samuel Greenlees acquired a knowledge of the Scotch Whisky trade from their father, who was a well known whisky distiller in Campbeltown. In 1871, whilst still in their early twenties, both brothers moved to London to establish Greenlees Brothers, a firm of whisky merchants trading in Scotch and Irish whiskies. At the time the art of whisky blending was in its infancy, but the Greenlees brothers pioneered experiments and created the Old Parr blend. They named their product after Thomas Parr, reputedly England’s longest-lived man, who was renowned during his life-time for his wisdom and maturity. Thanks to the efforts of the Greenlees Brothers, his name is still remembered today and the famous portrait of Thomas Parr, painted by Rubens, appears on every bottle of Old Parr as a reminder of the heritage that has been proudly passed down through each successive generation to the present day." Courtesy of Diageo
Old 06-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Talking Old Parr

Hi, I was raised in a place were 1 drink is the king of all, thats right, Old Parr. Is called Valledupar, a city in Colombia. The consumption of Old Parr is so MASSIVE that DIAGEO the Old parr owners have special deals and are constantly visiting the place. In fact the place is often called VALLE DE OLD PARR, instead of VALLEDUPAR (Valle = Valley, De = of), type Valledupar and Old parr, you will be surprised lol.

We can buy it there, the 75cl bottle like for.. 25pounds, we drink that ALL DAY.

www.suite101.com/content/the-vallenato-festival-ends-a20334
not to many stuff in english lol. We even get parties hosted by oldparr!! lol.

telekin@gmail.com
Old 08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Old Parr Superior

I bought a bottle of Old Parr Superior at Miami airport when I was leaving the US, but it does not says anywhere in the bottle or box that is 18 years! Why everybody says this is an 18 year bottle???
Old 09-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
MarionneD - we will see if we can date your bottle.

The image links are not working, so I will re-post:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/s6001945.jpg/
Bump, i also have this exact bottle, but instead of the 75cl Gay Lussac 43°, these are the words right below it says Scotch Whisky,

MACDONALD GREENLEES LIMITED
DISTILLERS EDINBURGH EH12 SBH SCOTLAND
H K D N P
43*GL 75CL

What year is this and how much is it worth?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:04 PM
(Nico Kanters)

Default The Old Blend Whisky

Hi Folks,

I own a bottle of "The Old Blend Whisky a very old (mayby 80 years ore more) bottle, still seald.

the production number (wich is printed on the label) says: 87950

In the front there is a picture of a horse

in the back there is a kind of a certificate printed (wich says Scotsh Whisky and more)

Can anybody tell me how old it is and if it is worth some money??

Please I'm verry excited toe here from you. prive@2sd.nl

Best regards,

Nico Kanters (The Netherlands)
Old 10-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Smile jean

Quote:
Hi,
I have a bottle of Grand Old Parr Scotch (Leith Scotland MacDonald Greenlees LTD Distillers) with a registration number of 613868. Can you tell me how old this is and if it is any good?

Jim
I have the same bottle and registration number. It was a gift to us when we lived in Panama between 1953 to 1955. We open it when a daughters, granddaughters and now great granddaughters areo baptist then resealed in wax, waiting the arrival of the next one. Belive me a very tiny sip is enough. For the boys we have a bottle of Johnnie Walker that was bought in 1923 to 1925.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Default old parr

i have a bottle of grand old parr is there any way to find out how old it really is i have the lab # its 209176
Old 10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
i have a bottle of grand old parr is there any way to find out how old it really is i have the lab # its 209176
It's likely we can have your bottle of Grand Old Parr dated, but not without photos. You'll need to register and then attach photos for us to review. Let us know if you need help.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 AM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
I know for sure you can get Old Parr in Duty Free at the airport - just saw it in Beijing and Shanghai. Not sure about Thailand - it's been MANY years (too many) since I have been there. Good luck!
I just saw the 12 and 18 year in Beijing Airport.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Default i got an old parr full bottle as a gift

all i know that its an aged bottle i got it from grand pa house i would like to know info about i i can send pic if u want
Old 06-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Default Found Old Parr Superior

A friend was recently given a bottle of Old Parr Superior by a family member. The family member said he'd had it for about 15 years but we are trying to get a solid date on how old it is. Would you guys be able to help me out if I posted pictures?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
A friend was recently given a bottle of Old Parr Superior by a family member. The family member said he'd had it for about 15 years but we are trying to get a solid date on how old it is. Would you guys be able to help me out if I posted pictures?
Yes, we should be able to have your bottle dated for you, but need photos (you'll need to register). Let us know if you need help.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:33 AM

I've made an account. Could you be specific on which parts of the bottle or box I should be taking pictures of? There doesn't seem to be many serial numbers or product defining numbers...
Old 07-02-2012, 11:15 PM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Old Parr

whiskywhisky,

Old Parr bottles do not contain serial number like some others do.
For dating your bottle, here is a list of important areas to photograph:

Bottle:
1) Front - "Front Label" & "Shoulder Label" (Between neck & body area)
2) Side - Full bottle view (at least one side)
3) Top & Bottom views

Box:
1) Front & Side (Can be done in one photo @ 45-degree angle)
2) Back & Side (Can be done the same way as above)

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst@hotmail.com
Old 07-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Grand Old Parr scotch wihisky

hi i'm from south afrika inherit a botle of whisky grand old parr adged 12 years de lux scotch whisky 3.75 l have a lead seal on cap that reads a blend ospeccially selected scotch whiskies or something in that line cant make it out clearly my late father gave this to me +- 30 years ago that he got from his dad again would love to find the age and value of this bottle buy the way its got its own stand its in and it can tilt
many thanks
Kobus nb. my email : jfmarais1@mweb.co.za
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Here are pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1191.jpg
Views:	1383
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1194.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1159   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1160   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1201.jpg
Views:	4248
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1163   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1164  

Old 07-12-2012, 01:28 PM

More pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1165   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1209.jpg
Views:	5266
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1166   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1211.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1167   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg
Views:	1835
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1168   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1210.jpg
Views:	837
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1169  

Old 07-12-2012, 02:04 PM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Old Parr (Superior)

Drew,

OK - That one is throwing me for a loop a bit...I'm used to pre-60's bottles, but this is alot newer: Made at least after 1977 (Barcoded).

The Old Parr is mostly popular in Japan & South America, and is not even marked in most countries...I do see that your bottle was sold through a Hong Kong Duty free shop (HKDNP - Hong Kong Duty Not Paid), but honestly that is
about all I can tell you on this bottle.

It currently sells for $65-$100 bottle, depending on where you find it.

Have you tried Diageo (They produce the Old Parr brand line) ?!?

Try them here: http://www.diageo.com/en-sc/Pages/contacts.aspx

Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this one....

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
Old 07-12-2012, 02:15 PM

No problem, the relative said the bottle had been purchased 15-20 years ago and as it's a Superior it was aged for 18 years. So I'm assuming it probably hasn't appreciated much in value, if at all?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:25 PM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Old Parr Superior

Drew,

True most blended whisky does not gather any real value until it is about 50 years after production...However, your bottle is also not easy to find, and there have been several postings over the past year of two by people trying to find Old Parr (I assume OP 12). Should be someone willing to pay a few $ to get their hands on it...particularly if they are in a country where it is not readily marketed, like the US.

If I didn't have about 50 other bottles to finsh-off I'd probably look at buying yours, as I have never had this brand, and the tasting reviews sound pretty good...

Mind if I ask where you are from?

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst@hotmail.com
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
We are actually the design team behind Grand Old Parr. Diageo own the brand and the easiest place to purchase a bottle is Japan or Asia Pacific markets, I understand it is readily available.... If you have the cash for the Limited Edition the bottle is well worth it.

You can have a look at the range (4 in total) below.

http://www.blackburnsdesign.com/web-.../old_parr.html

Cheers.

Andy
Hi
Why is in that link of the range of Old Parr a cross in the red ceramic bottle of Old Parr? I have one like that but in blue and,I am trying to have information about it but nothing at all
Thanks for you possible answer.
JMC
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Old Parr?

Will check it out for you.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
kfrederick@comcast.net

Smile Old Parr

Brief Description: Rare Scotch Whisky sealed and in origanl box and wraping

Long Description: I have a 4/5 bottle of Grand Old Parr Brand Rare Blended Scotch Whisky showing alchol by proof on the packing of 86.8. The bottle comes in original box inclosed in a light card packaging which shows signs of age on two edges but has clearly never been opened. Blended and bottled by MacDonald, Greenlees, Ltd., 5 Quality Street, Leith, Scotland and distilled by Glendullan - Glenlivet, Dufftown, Scotland. There is shown on the box a telegraph address as: "SPORTSMAN, LEITH".

Condition:
Packagin is unmarked and not faded.Think whisky is pre 1940. A picture of Old Parr is on the box.

Further Info: The fill level is two mm below the bottom of the neck of the bottle and the condition of the bottle is untouched. There is red label on the top of the bottle stating "Distilled in Scotland and bottled in theUnited Kingdom under government supervision". Appears to be sealed with foil under which there is a wire securement, however as you will see from the photo of the bottle it reads on the cap "unscrew to open". Over the cap is a red and white lablel which states "The America Distilling Company New York, NY, US Internal Revenue, tax paid, with what appears to be a registration number which is 36-9844679. On the bottom of the bottle pressed into the molded glass bottom is MacDonald, Greenlees, Ltd. Distillers and the number KX215 Leith, Scotland.

Where can I sell and for how much.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC View Post
Hi
Why is in that link of the range of Old Parr a cross in the red ceramic bottle of Old Parr? I have one like that but in blue and,I am trying to have information about it but nothing at all
Thanks for you possible answer.
JMC
We were not able to obtain any info on that red ceramic bottle - and we're told it wasn't Old Parr. Can you post a photo of the one you have like this in blue?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:05 PM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Old Parr

If you have questions regarding your bottles of Old Parr, send me some photos of your bottles, and I will reply with more information within 24-48 hrs.

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst@hotmail.com
Old 04-06-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
How long have you had this bottle of Grand Ole Parr? We need to see a photo - make it clear and a get great shots anywhere there is wording. Just a note, you'll have to register on this Whisky.com Forum in order to post pictures. It's easy and free. If you need help posting a photo, let me know and I will post for you.
Hi, I have an old bottle of Grand Old Parr bought in 1990 in Venezuela. I was given it as a present. Is is worth anything? Would I be mad to open it and drink it? Thanks, John
Old 04-06-2013, 05:41 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Spriggs View Post
Hi, I have an old bottle of Grand Old Parr bought in 1990 in Venezuela. I was given it as a present. Is is worth anything? Would I be mad to open it and drink it? Thanks, John
Grand Old Parr is still available today - although we do hear from many it can be difficult to find. Enjoy it.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:18 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Grand old Parr is not as popular in Japan as googling will have you assume, remember, much of human knowledge s based on the past, and indeed, this whiskey was the in drink during the bubble period years, but not anymore. Whisky is not too popular among Asians these days, and Chivas Regal 12 yrs old, Walker Black, and Grand old Parr have suffered.
This shows the importance of preference in selecting a drink, as all three of these have fallen off my radar and having bought them. I still have half a bottle of the Chivas Regal 12 and won't be replacing it. The JW Black I gave away, and the Grand Old Parr that I picked up in Japan was a one time only purchase.
What is most interesting about your post is that you like them so well and it makes one reflect when they read such a differing impression.
Whisky has turned out to be quite a different journey than I could have originally imagined.

Quote:
Grand Old Parr is still available today - although we do hear from many it can be difficult to find. Enjoy it.
It is pretty easy to find in Japan, as are quite an array of other scotches and bourbons not so easily found stateside.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Default Why such an interest?

Why such an interest on Old Parr? Is it really as good? Here in Mexico is widely available.

Last edited by Fer; 06-06-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I bought some once and it will be the only time for me.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 PM

I have a really really old bottle of grand old parr. I'd say it's about 50+ years old. Any suggestions on what I should do with it. Can I get anyone's for it?
Old 01-03-2016, 12:57 PM

Got a 500ml bottle of Old Parr Summer Seasons from a friend, assumed it was a cheap supermarket blend but turns out it sells for £100 a bottle....?

Wikipedia says that Old Parr hasn't been sold in the UK and Europe since the 1980s, is that true?

It has the thin tall square yellow box, and square but rounded dimpled bottle, that shows up in Google image searches. Says it was distilled, blended and bottled by Macdonald Greenlees in Edinburgh with a postcode that's no longer in use, whereas the exported Old Parr is now apparently produced by Diageo.

There are two four digit numbers on the bottom of the box - 1990 (the year?) and 3325. And a serial number on the bottle - L19N01082562.

So basically, is this a new £100 bottle of whisky, or something that's been sitting in my friend's cupboard since 1990 and maybe worth a bit more?
Old 08-12-2016, 04:08 PM

Default 12 years old Thomas parr

Hi folks!
Found myself a bottle of this scotch on my fathers cellar. Has been there for a least 40 years. I was wondering about its authenticity or value before I drink it. Here's some pictures about it. Much appreciated about your comments.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0JG6XBubGC5we7

Tags
old parr, old parr whisky