ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Single Malt Scotch Whisky

Old 05-21-2012, 03:31 AM

Default Looking For Something Similar

My two favorites right now are Ardbeg Uegadail and Aberlour Abunadh. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something similar to those that I should try next? I've tried Laphroaig Triple Wood and tasted the Ardbeg Corryvreckan and like them, but not as much as the Uegadail and Abunadh. I seem to gravitate toward the bold and complex flavors so something along those lines would be preferable. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:20 PM

Since you like the peat and the sherry cask, you've got to try some Highland Park, Springbank and Benromach bottlings. Right now I'm drinking a HP 20 years, single cask, Signatory Vintage bottling and think it blows away the HP 18 official bottling - especially given it's $90 and the HP 18 has just gone up to $120. The Benromach 10 is one of my favorite 10s in the market. Rich and complex from its peated malt and time in first-fill sherry casks - it's smoking-good for $55.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:55 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Springbank would be a good choice.
I'll have to order a bottle of Benromach, I've not tried it yet.
I had a dram of the Ardbeg last night.

AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT
十人十色
"Chill out, it's just a whisky forum."
Old 01-05-2013, 03:37 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp21 View Post
My two favorites right now are Ardbeg Uigeadail and Aberlour Abunadh. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for something similar to those that I should try next? I've tried Laphroaig Triple Wood and tasted the Ardbeg Corryvreckan and like them, but not as much as the Uigeadail and Abunadh. I seem to gravitate toward the bold and complex flavors so something along those lines would be preferable. Thanks for the help.
Since you've chosen Uigeadail which is also one of my personal favorites, I'm going to have to try the Aberlour A'Bunadh.
Actually my own favorite, even above the Uigeadail is the less expensive Ardbeg 10, then also Laphroaig 10 and Laphroaig Quarter Cask, both of which I like better than the Triple Wood.
Also, are you already familiar with the legendary Lagavulin 16?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:23 AM

Oh Yes. Lagavulin 16 and the Uegadail are neck-and-neck as my two favorites right now. Now the problem is I can't get off of Islay though I do love Highland Park and some Speysides as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:47 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp21 View Post
Oh Yes. Lagavulin 16 and the Uigeadail are neck-and-neck as my two favorites right now. Now the problem is I can't get off of Islay though I do love Highland Park and some Speysides as well.
No problem in having just one perfect girlfriend and one favorite, or in this case, two favorite scotches.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM

The last couple months I've enjoyed quite regularly (dare I say it) a blend. The whisky is Islay Mist. It's 50% Laphroaig and retails $25-30 USD. For a peat freak, this is a no-brainer.

Tags
ardbeg, lagavulin, uegadail