ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 12-30-2013, 12:54 PM

Question Booker's 2013-6 "Roundtable Collaboration"

Has anyone tried this batch. It's apparently the first time they've had a "roundtable" of whisky advocates select the batch. Curious how it compares to the others. I had to do some searching but did find a bottle.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:57 AM

Default Bookers big on Vanilla

I've seen that this thread has been looked at so I wanted to follow up and say I opened this bottle and it very good. It took a few days to open up after initially cracking the bottle, but once it did it's very good.

I was hoping to get some info from member on another batch I had that had huge vanilla nose upfront and was more on the sweet side. The upfront vanilla was huge. We liked it as a switch up but I no longer have the bottle and have no idea the batch. Please let me know of this sounds like a batch you have/had.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 08:43 PM

Can anybody help me out with this. I'm just looking for the Booker's batch that in your opinion had heavy vanilla on the nose and palate. I messed up and didn't write down the batch#

Thanks
Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 AM

I will look for a bottle of batch 2013, and when I find it I will force myself to pick it up and suffer through tasting it ..

Concerning the exact batch you are refering to on the tasting note I personally dont know. Wish I did!
Old 02-16-2014, 04:58 PM

Was lucky enough to find a few more of these. It's become one of my favorite batches. It's gotten better with some air in the bottle too.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	2131
Old 02-16-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Was lucky enough to find a few more of these. It's become one of my favorite batches. It's gotten better with some air in the bottle too.Attachment 2131
Awesome!!! I personally have yet to find a "bad" booker's. I get that everyones nose and palate has its own preference but, everything I have tried of booker's has been of good quality. I love to let whiskies open up and evolve. With quality whiskies its always a journey from the beginning of a bottle to the end of a bottle, and its a journey I enjoy .

I often tell my friends that a quality whisk(e)y can never be bad, and if it is, the failure is not in the bottle, its in the person who is drinking the bottle. Some whiskies are challenging, and some are challenging in more ways than one, and everytime I have a "bad" bottle, I know I have failed to meet the challenge .

This is why I drink everything neat. I am too simple and far from capable or complex when it comes to whiskies. When I drink it neat I only have to take on the challenge of flavors and time, which makes it very simple for me and my palate.

Last edited by donmorgan; 02-16-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:06 PM

Found several bottles of the 2013-6 yesterday. I think I'm going to buy one soon to try it out. Hopefully I will like it as much as you Mudcat.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
Found several bottles of the 2013-6 yesterday. I think I'm going to buy one soon to try it out. Hopefully I will like it as much as you Mudcat.
It really is excellent and definitely one of my overall favorites of 2013. In my opinion it gets better and better as it opens up, which is what I've noticed with most higher proof bottlings. Let us know what you think. The last I found of that batch was a few months ago.

Enjoy
Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM

I like it!! Thanks Mudcat, it is very much appreciated!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 AM

The 2013-06 is all over here like water... must not be Bookers lovers up here.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:13 AM

Really enjoyed this bourbon. Tried the 2013-6 and ECBP recently for the first time. ECBP was the winner, but the Bookers wasn't too far behind.

Tags
bookers, bookers - roundtable collaboration