ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 AM

Default Corby's Park Lane - 1945

Sealed. Any value? Any interest?
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Photo(s)? I have just the right person to pass along details on what you've got.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Whisky.com Expert

Send a message via MSN to Eric1965
Default Value

Depending on the market 65-90 for the bottle. I would buy from you 60.00 including shipping.

Think about it

Regards,

Eric
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

As always, THANKS Eric!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:51 AM

I liquidate estates and have found a sealed bottle of Corby's Park Lane Canadian Whisky. It's sealed and says 1945 on the seal. It's in a red velvet box with yellow tassel, which is inside a white cardboard outer box with red writing. It was found under the kitchen sink of a former town physician in Wisconsin who passed away in 1961. The house has been unoccupied since 1963 when his wife remarried. How do I sell this for the heirs? eBay says no. Thank you! Please forgive my lack of whisky knowledge. Here's a link to pictures. I'm not sure how to upload them from my computer file. http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/jc...=recent&page=1
Old 11-18-2013, 02:31 AM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Corby's Park Lane

jcarneymiller,

Sounds like an early 1950's packaging!

The 1945 you see on the Canadian Tax Stamp is the year it was distilled;
Blended whiskies are always valued by their bottling date: Add the Tax Stamp
date to the number of years it was aged, and you will have the year it was bottled.

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst
wchurst@hotmail.com
Old 03-20-2020, 01:56 PM

Default Will you part with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarneymiller View Post
I liquidate estates and have found a sealed bottle of Corby's Park Lane Canadian Whisky. It's sealed and says 1945 on the seal. It's in a red velvet box with yellow tassel, which is inside a white cardboard outer box with red writing. It was found under the kitchen sink of a former town physician in Wisconsin who passed away in 1961. The house has been unoccupied since 1963 when his wife remarried. How do I sell this for the heirs? eBay says no. Thank you! Please forgive my lack of whisky knowledge. Here's a link to pictures. I'm not sure how to upload them from my computer file. http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/jc...=recent&page=1
I grew up in Belleville Ont. and just recently had the pleasure of tasting a bottle of 1969 park lane 12 year old and would love to taste others, just wondering if this bottle is for sale!!
Old 05-25-2020, 09:32 AM
jcgrey87

Thant is one of the best bottles I've tried in the past
Old 05-26-2020, 09:37 PM
jcgrey87

To add to my previous post I have to say I really did like that bottle of Whiskey. I drank it at my uncle's 55th birthday and it was one of those clarifying moments when you finally see the meaning of something. That was the night I understood what whiskey actually meant to me as a person. I also noticed that the meaning behind number 55 was significant to me since a lot of important things were associated with it. I decided to figure out what it actually meant so I went online and found this cool article about the meaning of this number. It was super useful and helped me understand myself better

Tags
corby's park lane