ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Trading Post

Old 11-22-2013, 01:13 AM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Default Balvenie Tun 1401 swap. I have batch 2 - looking for batch 3

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and I know buying / selling isn't endorsed but it clearly goes on and providing everyone takes safeguards then there's no reason why this shouldn't be the case.

Anyway - what I'm toying with is looking into the feasibility of swapping a bottle of my Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 2 (UK Release) for a bottle of Batch 3 (US Release)

Is anyone who has a bottle of Batch 3 interested in checking this out?
Old 11-24-2013, 07:21 AM
Whisky.com Member

Mondo,
That would be a pretty sweet deal for both parties, however, you might run into a problem. It seems to be very difficult to ship alcohol outside of the United States unless the person has an export license. I recently tried to ship some bottles over your way and was disappointed when UPS returned my package (without returning my money!).

Best of luck though! Have you ever had a dram of the Batch 3? I've read Batch 2 & 3 are similar but have yet to know anyone that could offer their opinion.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:17 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Didn't realise it was so tricky to send alcohol on a personal basis - I knew it was complicated commercially.

Oh well - back to the drawing board :-)

I've tasted batches 2, 4 and 5 and was lucky enough to sample batch 1 at the distillery when it was introduced. I was offered a bottle for 150 but stupidly didn't buy it. Bottles are now changing hands for 2000 each.

They have all been excellent! I have 3 bottles of Batch 2, 2 bottles of Batch 5 and a bottle of Batch 8. All are going up in value very nicely and the plan is very simple - make enough money off them to be able to effectively have a bottle of each batch free so I can drink it and enjoy it :-)

Sadly I haven't tried the Batch 3. I bought a bottle of Batch 6 from an online store in San Francisco and had it shipped to a friend in Texas. They will eventually get it to me when next over in the UK. I can't ask them to take any more than one bottle home as they always have loads of requests from people to take stuff back.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:43 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

send me a pm.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:48 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Wow. I got lost in some kind of time warp. Glad to see this site made it thru. I guess I missed the note that it just changed names from Whisky.com to ClubWhisky. I just happened to stumble across this.
Oscar.

PS. Anyone know when batch 10 is coming and where it is targeted?

Last edited by Islay Peat; 03-03-2014 at 08:59 PM. Reason: PM sent
Old 03-03-2014, 09:17 PM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarswanson View Post
Wow. I got lost in some kind of time warp. Glad to see this site made it thru. I guess I missed the note that it just changed names from Whisky.com to ClubWhisky. I just happened to stumble across this.
Oscar.

PS. Anyone know when batch 10 is coming and where it is targeted?
I understand Batch 10 is due out in April. I will be Travel Retail Only. I'll be travelling through Heathrow en route to New York in April. here's hoping I get the timing right :-)
Old 05-13-2014, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and I know buying / selling isn't endorsed but it clearly goes on and providing everyone takes safeguards then there's no reason why this shouldn't be the case.

Anyway - what I'm toying with is looking into the feasibility of swapping a bottle of my Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 2 (UK Release) for a bottle of Batch 3 (US Release)

Is anyone who has a bottle of Batch 3 interested in checking this out?
You still have batch 2 for trade for batch3?
Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM

Are you still interested in this trade? Do you still have the bottle?