ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Default Information needed for rare Johnnie Walker Excelsior and DECO

Hi,

We are just moving home & I have come across two bottles of rare whiskey which was given to my wife, who worked in the legal team for Johnnie Walker several years ago.

They are both boxed and never been opened, so still sealed.

The first is Excelsior - Johnnie Walker limited release (very rare matured scotch)

The second is DECO - Johnnie Walker scotch whisky

I know they have some good value, anyone got advice of how to sale to a collector or how to get them valued.

Sorry for invading your forum, any advice will be appreciated

Lloyd

Last edited by Islay Peat; 01-16-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Whisky.com Expert

I have found one auction of the Excelsior since 2012. The bottle sold for 347 Euro ( today's rate for Euro = $1.34 ). So it sold for US$465.00. Also, it's not guaranteed that you will get this price at today's auctions. First, the expense of sending the bottle to the auction house, plus an ~20 - 30% selling fee really doesn't leave that much realized provided you can get the European auction price in the USA. Collectors, as a rule in the USA do not pay the prices that collectors pay on the European market as the European collector auction houses normally have a bigger audience worldwide. Also blends as a rule do not command high prices for collectors as do single malts. The USA is very limited in auctions houses that will take bottles of whisky. Bonham's in New York is the best bet. You may want to call them.

I could not find anything for the DECO.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:24 PM

Thanks for your response.

We are based in London, UK. Just don't know the first thing or where to go to sale them, of course I don't want to be scammed so trying to find a genuine dealer.

I of course don't really appreciate these like a true collector. So, if I got a reasonable price for them, then I be happy to let them go.

Thanks for your advice though, I don't have a clue of there value, so that is interesting to know a ball part figure.

Lloyd
Old 08-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Whisky.com Expert

In the UK, contact Bonham's in Edinburgh, McTears in Glasgow,Christies in London, or go to Whiskyauction.com and contact Thomas Kruger in Rendsburg, Germany.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:30 PM

your best bet in UK is to ship to scotchwhiskyauctions.com - they will sell your bottle for best value / lowest commission
Closed Thread