ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 11-11-2014, 03:25 AM

Default Jim Beam 11 year old Red Wheat Bourbon

I am excited about this one and was wondering what others think and if they have had some? I have a few bottles of it and I am going to get to it soon, just not soon enough... Any opinions, and all opinions, would be and are appreciated.. Thanks Gentlemen.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:05 AM

I'm very much interested in this one. I'm a bit turned off by the suggested price but will surely spring for at least one bottle to try it out. I'm curious to see what Beam's version of a wheater is like.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:38 PM

I have 4 or 5 (cant remember) bottles and I am going to have to crack one open soon.... They are going fast and if I end up liking it I am going to have to stock up on them soon. I doubt I will hate it so the few bottles I have are fine but, if I really like them it will suck to just have a few bottles.

I will get into one of them tonight ( just talked myself into it lol ) with a buddy of mine and let you know my first impressions.
Old 11-14-2014, 05:11 AM

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Don.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:51 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Don, I saw a bottle called Jim Beam Premium tonight, priced at $16 compared to $10 for regular Jim Beam.

Do you know anything about the Premium?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
Don, I saw a bottle called Jim Beam Premium tonight, priced at $16 compared to $10 for regular Jim Beam.

Do you know anything about the Premium?
Jim Beam 7 year old? If that's what you are talking about, I like it but, I am a fan of standard white Jim Beam.

Jim Beam juice is very distinguishable, regardless of what the label says. Its the yeast. It's sweet & savory gold when done right, and IMO the only one that can do it as good is Bernheim.

A lot of people shrug off or are sleeping on Jim Beam but they have it in them to release some of the best bourbon going forward. I would not be surprised if we see the other labels in the small batch collection come out with special releases soon and/or signature craft come out with some high aged bourbons and high aged barrel proof bourbons.

Last edited by donmorgan; 11-15-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:24 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmorgan View Post
Jim Beam 7 year old? If that's what you are talking about, I like it but, I am a fan of standard white Jim Beam.

Jim Beam juice is very distinguishable, regardless of what the label says. Its the yeast. It's sweet & savory gold when done right, and IMO the only one that can do it as good is Bernheim.

A lot of people shrug off or are sleeping on Jim Beam but they have it in them to release some of the best bourbon going forward. I would not be surprised if we see the other labels in the small batch collection come out with special releases soon and/or signature craft come out with some high aged bourbons and high aged barrel proof bourbons.
It's funny you should mention other labels because I just saw some 6 year Booker Noe bottlings with a special box tube specifically bottled for Seijo Ishii last night.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:37 PM

I have one bottle I bought in NY, as I don't see it that often on a shelf elsewhere. I'll be cracking it on Wednesday and posting my thoughts. I want to like it but I hate the half bottle packaging.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokker4me View Post
I have one bottle I bought in NY, as I don't see it that often on a shelf elsewhere. I'll be cracking it on Wednesday and posting my thoughts. I want to like it but I hate the half bottle packaging.
Am working on my 3rd bottle and I am enjoying the juice. Its a delicious high quality bourbon. I understand why they released it in 375 so it doesn't bother me but, it would be nice to have a few 750 bottles floating around.