ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests If you would like to see if your bottle can be dated, please post in this category along with images. At this time, ClubWhisky.com is NOT dating bottles, however, our members may be able to help out! Note that ClubWhisky.com does NOT offer valuations either, but at times we do have experts who chime in and offer an idea of worth.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:56 AM

Default Looking for a Year and Worth on a Bottle of Black Label

I was told that this is pre-prohibition, but I've had trouble dating it. Wondering if it is, and if it is worth anything?

Old 07-24-2018, 10:47 PM

This is not a pre-prohibition bottle unfortunately. It dates to 1958-1960. Due to the evaporation and state of the labels (top and bottom missing; middle extensively damaged) the bottle would not be worth much to a collector - you would be better off opening it and comparing to modern black label

Tags
johnnie walker, vintage