ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 02-11-2014, 06:30 AM

Default Booker's 25 Anniversary

I am personally looking forward to this release and I am hoping I can get a few bottles. All I know about it is that it will be a barrel proof 10 year old bourbon... Anyone else going to try and get a bottle or two?

What a great bourbon family and history, right? I figure, if I can, I will get a few bottles simply to give thanks and out of appreciation... If it taste great, hopefully, I will be able to pick up a few more bottles ..

What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:43 AM

I've yet to try standard Bookers but it's been on my list, so I will surely try to get a bottle of this one.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:48 AM

I'm hoping to get a few myself. I hopefully have one coming in on Wednesday from one of my locals. We will see. I recently opened the 2013-6 and am blown away how good it is. I want to get the 2013-7 to try now too. May try to bunker a few of each soon.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Damn Denver, how do you do it . First you got the 30 Jefferson's, you got the 2013-6 Booker's and now you got one of the Booker's 25th Anniversary coming your way.. lol.. I am jealous. Congrats!!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverrefehn View Post
I've yet to try standard Bookers but it's been on my list, so I will surely try to get a bottle of this one.
I like the booker's a lot, and what makes it even better is that it has always remained avaliable.. I dont think the same will be said, or could be said, about the 25th Anniversary though.. I am going to try and get Denvers bottle ...
Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 AM

Haha!! I actually have come across another Jefferson 30 also!! And some EC20, OFBB 2009, and a few other things.... Glad my boss doesn't read this!! Can't wait to try this Booker's though and I read there are 1000 cases of it. So I think that means 6000 bottles....not that many really.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:19 PM

I was able to pick one up this past weekend, hopefully can snag an extra for future consumption...
Old 02-11-2014, 05:05 PM

I'm definitely going to be looking for a few bottles because as with anything now if you do like it you prob won't have a chance to go back for another bottle to drink later. I look at standard Bookers as a bargain due to it being barrel proof and being the equivalent of a 1 1/2 bottles of other bourbons .
Old 02-11-2014, 09:58 PM

Its Not released in GA yet but I know Kentucky and Illinois has it.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwild70 View Post
Its Not released in GA yet but I know Kentucky and Illinois has it.
They need to sell it online ..
Old 02-15-2014, 01:15 AM

GA getting it next week from what I hear
Old 02-15-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
GA getting it next week from what I hear
They need to hurry up and get to Texas, lol..

Last edited by donmorgan; 02-15-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:08 AM

Found it online and a bottle is on its way to me.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Found it online and a bottle is on its way to me.
You could at least pm me and let me know where and how lol..

Congrats!!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:58 PM

Snagged two of these suckas.... (EDIT THEY CANCELED THE SECOND ONE)

Last edited by bt61184; 02-15-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmorgan View Post
You could at least pm me and let me know where and how lol..

Congrats!!
PM sent! Hope you got one.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:54 AM

Quote:
PM sent! Hope you got one.
They dont ship to Texas .
Old 02-17-2014, 03:39 PM

Anyone try this yet? Bookers is really hit or miss to me, but maybe the extra time in the barrel could do it some good (for my palate, at least)!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:46 AM

Guessing its the same link I sent you? The second bottle was gone within hrs...
Old 02-18-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt61184 View Post
Guessing its the same link I sent you? The second bottle was gone within hrs...
Yea BT, had the dude on the phone, he told me how to order the bottle online (they cant take CC over the phone) they would not let you get (only 1 per customer) even though it wasnt online anymore, and then he said they dont ship to texas... lol

20 minutes into a maze of online directions and joy that I was going to get one within a few days only to get shot down.. lol .... Oh well, I will get one soon enough, just not this week .

Last edited by donmorgan; 02-18-2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:09 AM

Hey Don, If I run into an extra I will let you know. I have one currently but have a couple other stores trying to get me one.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denversooner28 View Post
Hey Don, If I run into an extra I will let you know. I have one currently but have a couple other stores trying to get me one.
That would be awesome Denver!! Thank You!! I know BT has me on this one as well and I will surely return the kindness!!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:28 PM

Any news on what areas this has been released. I kept hearing March but obviously that wasn't the case since some areas were seeing bottles at the beginning of this month. I've also already started seeing them on the secondary market.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Any news on what areas this has been released. I kept hearing March but obviously that wasn't the case since some areas were seeing bottles at the beginning of this month. I've also already started seeing them on the secondary market.
I dont know what markets have already got some but, I too have started to see them pop up on the secondary market.

Releasing just 6,000 bottles, if reports are to be believed, is brutal. If it is half as good as everyone who has reviewed it is stating, that 6,000 number is even more brutal.

Last edited by donmorgan; 02-22-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:34 PM

I probably missed my chance on this one. I just couldn't pull the trigger because I'm not a huge Bookers fan.

Oh well. I've been lucky on some other releases, so you can't win them all.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:06 PM

So bends you did see it in DC?
Old 02-22-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebends1996 View Post
I probably missed my chance on this one. I just couldn't pull the trigger because I'm not a huge Bookers fan.

Oh well. I've been lucky on some other releases, so you can't win them all.
I have always enjoyed Bookers. For me, this purchase is an easy one for many reasons but, I understand why its not for some. In my mind though, the only legitimate criticism that can be made concerning booker's is that it is often straight foward, not that bold or complex but, it is delicious and it is a quality every day sipper, which in its own right, is a hard thing for a high barrel proof whisk(e)y, or any high proof spirit, to pull off consistently, and Booker's has done it, just about flawlessly, for decades now IMO.

Add 2-4 more years in the barrel for Booker's, and for me, its a no brainer. A greater richness, more complexity and bolder flavors, again, in my mind, have to be present... This is why I have been willing to fire on any and all bottles of it that I can get . If I am wrong and the juice is just as the standard Booker's is, I can live with that.... I am willing to take that risk.

It should be some damn good juice though.. I am expecting it to be able to stand up to, if not be better than, most of the top bourbons out there.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I have always enjoyed Bookers. For me, this purchase is an easy one for many reasons but, I understand why its not for some. In my mind though, the only legitimate criticism that can be made concerning booker's is that it is often straight foward, not that bold or complex but, it is delicious and it is a quality every day sipper, which in its own right, is a hard thing for a high barrel proof whisk(e)y, or any high proof spirit, to pull off consistently, and Booker's has done it, just about flawlessly, for decades now IMO.

Add 2-4 more years in the barrel for Booker's, and for me, its a no brainer. A greater richness, more complexity and bolder flavors, again, in my mind, have to be present... This is why I have been willing to fire on any and all bottles of it that I can get . If I am wrong and the juice is just as the standard Booker's is, I can live with that.... I am willing to take that risk.

It should be some damn good juice though.. I am expecting it to be able to stand up to, if not be better than, most of the top bourbons out there.
The few times I've had Bookers there's always been way too much oak for me. I like higher proof offerings, so the heat doesn't bother me, but I can't get past the strong oak taste. However, I don't knock anyone for liking what they like! What's great about Bookers is you can find it on the shelves. You can't say that about many other popular bourbons today. Heck, it's hard for me to find Elmer T. Lee on the shelves in DC (one of my favorite lower-priced sippers).

I haven't seen it in the stores in DC, but had a chance to order a bottle online last week.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:50 AM

TheBends, I can understand how the oak in booker's can come across that way to some.

Correct me if I am wrong but 6-8 years is not that long at all for whisk(e)y. When those sweeter flavors, fruits, nuts, spices are mild, subtle, it is harder for them to wash over/reduce other notes/flavors. The oak in many Booker's batches is often the strongest flavor but, and even in these and when this occurs, I find the oak to be very mild (even though it is the strongest flavor in the glass) compared to just about every other high barrel proof bourbon.

Even when other flavors wash over or balance out other flavors in a glass, I still pick them up for what they individually are. ECBP, huge lovely oak on the back end with huge sweet cherries, caramel, vanilla, roasted nuts etc that explode wonderfully in the mouth and crash, wash over then coat that delicious big oak on the finish... The oak on the ECBP is far bigger and bolder but, in thethe glass it is accompanied by big huge flavors.... Booker's doesnt have that oak, not even close but, its subtle flavors are sometimes not big enough to wash over the oak, which leaves the oak standing alone.. Mild it is but, its alone.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
TheBends, I can understand how the oak in booker's can come across that way to some.

Correct me if I am wrong but 6-8 years is not that long at all for whisk(e)y. When those sweeter flavors, fruits, nuts, spices are mild, subtle, it is harder for them to wash over/reduce other notes/flavors. The oak in many Booker's batches is often the strongest flavor but, and even in these and when this occurs, I find the oak to be very mild (even though it is the strongest flavor in the glass) compared to just about every other high barrel proof bourbon.

Even when other flavors wash over or balance out other flavors in a glass, I still pick them up for what they individually are. ECBP, huge lovely oak on the back end with huge sweet cherries, caramel, vanilla, roasted nuts etc that explode wonderfully in the mouth and crash, wash over then coat that delicious big oak on the finish... The oak on the ECBP is far bigger and bolder but, in thethe glass it is accompanied by big huge flavors.... Booker's doesnt have that oak, not even close but, its subtle flavors are sometimes not big enough to wash over the oak, which leaves the oak standing alone.. Mild it is but, its alone.
Your assessment sounds correct to me, and since you enjoy drinking Bookers, I'm sure you have a better grasp of the flavor profile than I do. I like some oak in my drink, but I don't want it to be the dominant flavor. That could be the main issue I have with it. I have a family friend who has been drinking whisky for longer than I've been alive and loves the stuff. It's just not my favorite of the barrel proof offerings--especially since it's normally over $50 where I live.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:29 PM

Just picked up two bottles in FL.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:37 PM

Awesome and congrats on the purchase MrFort!!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 AM

Have you found any yet Don?
My bottle arrived last week but I have't opened it yet.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Have you found any yet Don?
My bottle arrived last week but I have't opened it yet.
I got one, in hand, yesterday . Another one should be arriving tomorrow and I am trying to work on a few more...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:13 PM

Here are a couple pictures..

Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 AM

I see you snagged another
Old 02-26-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt61184 View Post
I see you snagged another
Yea ... The one you sent me should be here Thursday and I cant thank you enough for it!! This one and the one I get from you will go in the bunker then I can work on some for drinking and others...
Old 02-26-2014, 06:54 AM

I knew you'd find a way to get a few bottles.
Let us know what you think when you open one.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
I knew you'd find a way to get a few bottles.
Let us know what you think when you open one.
I surely will.. Bt's should be here Thursday and another board member just sent one off to me today. I have friends bringing me 2 more next week and It should take me a week or two to finish a bottle, and when I do that, I will gladly give you my opinion.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Here are a couple pictures..

Nicely done!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:33 AM

Thank You TheBends... The folks on this forum have just been down right awesome to me!!! Cant thank them enough and I am looking forward to returning the favors!
Old 03-01-2014, 04:43 AM

You're killing me!! Still not released in Georgia !! Was hoping today but nothing !!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:39 AM

Quote:
You're killing me!! Still not released in Georgia !! Was hoping today but nothing !!
That sucks.. Nothing around me either but, I am hoping soon.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:55 PM

I was just in Georgia for work and was told the same by the stores I went to. They didn't receive their allotment yet. My guess is they will be getting them this week sometime. Good luck on your search. If I'm able to get any extra I'll post for possible trades.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 AM

A cool thing just happened.. I was putting a few of these 25th Anniversaries in the bunker (jim beam section) and I found a Booker's I purchased in 1998 (tagged on the box). I cant remember for the life of me why its there or why I put it there but, drinking it might jar my memory .
Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 AM

Wink

That's awesome. I love the fact you actually find old purchases that are now new to you. It's similar to another person cleaning out a closet and finding old clothes in the back that become "new" favorites once again.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
That's awesome. I love the fact you actually find old purchases that are now new to you. It's similar to another person cleaning out a closet and finding old clothes in the back that become "new" favorites once again.
Thats exactly it ..
Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 AM

So 60 cases to GA. but they held back 30 for the bars so 30 cases retail of which 18 cases came to the Atlanta metro area which includes the suburbs. This equates to 108 bottles total to the Atlanta Market retail-- Slim Pickens here !!!
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
So 60 cases to GA. but they held back 30 for the bars so 30 cases retail of which 18 cases came to the Atlanta metro area which includes the suburbs. This equates to 108 bottles total to the Atlanta Market retail-- Slim Pickens here !!!
Good luck - but nevertheless you've got a much better chance than I have up here in the Frozen North, of getting a bottle (assuming Georgia liquor sales aren't a state-controlled monopoly like they are here)...

Last edited by Islay Peat; 03-17-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Let's not make any questionable assumptions
Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son-o'-the-Sod(?) View Post
Good luck - but nevertheless you've got a much better chance than I have up here in the Frozen North, of getting a bottle (assuming Georgia liquor sales aren't a state-controlled monopoly like they are here)...
It sucks for many folks who will surely want the Booker's 25th but, thats supply and demand, right? I surely dont hold any animosity towards those who can afford the 25th either, so be it retail or in the secondary market.

There are some amazing ryes up north, you wouldn't happen to have any would you ?

Last edited by Islay Peat; 03-18-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Edited quote to match previous edit
Old 03-17-2014, 02:24 PM

No- I'm a Marietta Guy -- West Cobb-- So I really have to search hard on this side of town-- LOL
Old 03-17-2014, 03:13 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Just want to note that many of us would love to get a taste of the 25 but as with all things limited, it goes without saying that some may never even see a bottle let alone taste it, and that's just the way some things go.

Looking forward to hearing how this compares with the standard Bookers.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM

Has anyone got around to doing some tasting all the way through the bottle? If so what are your thoughts?

I've got a few of these and and was hoping for more solid reviews before deciding what to do with them (drink them all or trade). Thanks
Old 03-19-2014, 04:16 AM

Quote:
There are some amazing ryes up north, you wouldn't happen to have any would you ?
Ah, if only!!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheated View Post
Has anyone got around to doing some tasting all the way through the bottle? If so what are your thoughts?

I've got a few of these and and was hoping for more solid reviews before deciding what to do with them (drink them all or trade). Thanks
I am almost through a bottle and when I get done I know I will gladly, for whatever its worth, give you my opinion...
Old 03-19-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Ah, if only!!
Well that sucks .. I was hoping .
Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
I am almost through a bottle and when I get done I know I will gladly, for whatever its worth, give you my opinion...
Don't leave us hanging don! What are your thoughts at this point? You should have a pretty solid understanding of it by now. Then, when you finish the bottle, you can give us a follow up. That way, we get a two-fer. Win for us.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Don't leave us hanging don! What are your thoughts at this point? You should have a pretty solid understanding of it by now. Then, when you finish the bottle, you can give us a follow up. That way, we get a two-fer. Win for us.
You can send me the empty bottle, Don. I don't even need the fancy box!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
It is a big flavorful giant. From start to finish, the Booker's 25th presents its flavors like no other bourbon. Every flavor, every wave, is long, extremely long, flavorful, and there is even and intermission, a flavor break, near the middle of this one before it begins to explode into more waves of yummy flavors and ultimately the finish... The mileage on a sip of the Booker's 25th is amazing. If the alcohol is worth a bottle and a half of other spirits, then the flavor in the Booker's 25th is worth a case of other bourbons.

I will continue this later .
Old 03-23-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheated View Post

I am not going to trade or sell a single bottle of this stuff. Just not worth it to me.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the notes don! This makes me glad that I secured a second bottle.

Where do you rate it next to Stagg and ECBP?
Old 03-24-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the notes don! This makes me glad that I secured a second bottle.

Where do you rate it next to Stagg and ECBP?
The Booker's 25th had the luxury of not having to compete in or out of house, or be released, yearly, where as ECBP and Stagg have to find and select barrels for bottling every year. Booker's was able to select the best of the best from a huge stockpile of barrels never sought after by anyone at beam or booker's, and they do not and did not have to worry about reproducing this batch again, ever.

Fred and beam could have cut corners and been lazy with this one but, they didn't. It is clear that they spent a lot of time and resources on this one and that process, including these barrels, the batch and the taste is a reflection of how much they put into this one.

Now I dont believe BT and the Stagg folks cut corners or are lazy, nor do I believe HH and the ECBP folks cut corners or are lazy, I just dont believe they have, or have ever had, an operation and the support, selection and resources that Booker's 25th had for this release.

IMO, Booker's is a true one time, very special release, and they had the resources and support to be able to pull it off.... And they did. ECBP and Stagg are beautifully done annual releases that, in their category, are two of the biggest dogs on that block.

My short answer, booker's 25th is better but, it should be.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:19 AM

I want to know how many you have in your bunker Don?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denversooner28 View Post
I want to know how many you have in your bunker Don?
I have 10 bunkered and 2 in my bar. This is nowhere near enough though.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I have 10 bunkered and 2 in my bar. This is nowhere near enough though.
Speak for yourself, mister. I haven't got even one bottle [yet]!!
Old 03-29-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself, mister. I haven't got even one bottle [yet]!!
That sucks... I feel for you. I am not sure there are many left to be had. I just picked up 4 more from 2 specs in houston and it was the last ones they had... I hope you get a few and I hope I can get another case or two.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:37 PM

I finally picked up a bottle of this yesterday. Had been holding out for whatever reason but it seems to be getting good reviews...
Old 03-31-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
That sucks... I feel for you. I am not sure there are many left to be had. I just picked up 4 more from 2 specs in houston and it was the last ones they had... I hope you get a few and I hope I can get another case or two.
Make sure you drink 'em all in one sitting - KIDDING!!
Old 03-31-2014, 09:57 AM

If only I could .. Very good Bourbon!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Looking forward to this one for my collection but it is not available to Europe in short.

Last edited by Islay Peat; 04-11-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:45 PM

I picked a few of the Bookers 25 up about a month ago but just decided to open one last friday night with a few friends. I have to say that this bottle is awesome! I am going to let it sit for a few weeks and try again.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'llhaveanother View Post
I picked a few of the Bookers 25 up about a month ago but just decided to open one last friday night with a few friends. I have to say that this bottle is awesome! I am going to let it sit for a few weeks and try again.
Simply amazing juice!! One of the best bourbons I have ever had the pleasure to sip on... As enjoyable and as good as it gets.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:32 PM

Just picked another one of these up today. Thanks PA wine & spirits.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:49 PM

I just picked up a second one and haven't even opened the first yet! Looking forward to trying it.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbt View Post
I just picked up a second one and haven't even opened the first yet! Looking forward to trying it.
I know the feeling. I had 3, but I traded two of them away. I have yet to open and taste it.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 AM

I picked up 4 more today myself .
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 AM

Great score Don. I picked up one last week and was hoping to get the 121 proof but alas received the 2014-1 batch at 130.8 proof.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:30 AM

You and the other Gentleman scored as well . Just awesome!! At a 100+ a pop, and limited and surely going to go much higher in price until they just go extinct, I wish I didnt like em so much... It would be much easier if I hated the juice.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 PM

I finally was able to pick one of these up last night. Stopped into a random store in Northern MN and there it was behind the counter. I'm not a big fan of the standard bookers, but hoping this one is better. I'll post notes when I get around to opening it. There was one left if anyone wants to know where I got it. PM me.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I am personally looking forward to this release and I am hoping I can get a few bottles. All I know about it is that it will be a barrel proof 10 year old bourbon... Anyone else going to try and get a bottle or two?

What a great bourbon family and history, right? I figure, if I can, I will get a few bottles simply to give thanks and out of appreciation... If it taste great, hopefully, I will be able to pick up a few more bottles ..

What do you guys think?
Hey Don-- Trying to trade with you but for some reason I don't have PM access. I guess because I'm so green to the site.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:02 PM

Just picked another one up today.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:46 PM

Looks like professional tasters agree with many of us on this release. This one probably became harder to find once Hansell's review came out.

Booker’s 25th Anniversary Bourbon Batch No. 2014-1, 65.4% Price: $100.00
Brand: Booker's
Category: Bourbon/Tennessee

The complete package: uncut, unfiltered, full-flavored, richly textured (almost chewy), and very complex. Notes of toffee-coated nuts, vanilla fudge, polished leather, cedar-tinged tobacco, barrel char, cocoa powder, and a hint of fig, wrapped up with a firm oak grip on the finish. Worth every penny of the premium price being charged for this commemorative release. Editor's Choice.
(Summer 2014) Reviewed by: John Hansell
Old 06-12-2014, 01:22 PM

The Bookers has really impressed me. I managed to buy an extra bottle and was going to trade prior to tasting - glad I held on to it - may be my favorite of the year. I'd be interested in trading for more if anyone has extras.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 AM

I got two of these before that WA review went live. Wish I had picked up a couple more as it's a really good pour.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 PM

I agree it was at the top of my list of releases to try and get a hold of. I'm a sucker for barrel proofs and sometimes to a fault, but this one lived up to the expectations. I was able to get my hands on a handful of bottles, but my qty doesn't compare to what Don was able to get a hold of. Like Don said before this is a one off so that's it. And it will be harder and harder to come by in the coming years and even more so when these type of reviews pop up.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 PM

I was lucky enough to pull down 5 bottles, really good stuff.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:51 AM

I was lucky to pick up 12 bottles.

I sold 2 of the bottles (at my cost) to my best friend, so I have 10 sealed bottles down in my bunker.

We have been drinking out of one of the bottles I sold him and I have to agree it is amazing bourbon!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:15 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I finally picked up one of these and may be alone here, but haven't cared too much for it so far. Not sure if it has anything to do with shifting preferences, in my case, towards scotch, but I'm not enjoying it the way that I had previously enjoyed the standard Bookers.

Anyone else here that likes Bookers, but not the 25th anniversary edition?
Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islay Peat View Post
I finally picked up one of these and may be alone here, but haven't cared too much for it so far. Not sure if it has anything to do with shifting preferences, in my case, towards scotch, but I'm not enjoying it the way that I had previously enjoyed the standard Bookers.

Anyone else here that likes Bookers, but not the 25th anniversary edition?
If most everyone agreed with you on the Bookers 25th Peat I would be a very happy man.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:19 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

Quote:
If most everyone agreed with you on the Bookers 25th Peat I would be a very happy man.
Don, you're welcome to the rest of the one I've got if you care to drop by this winter!

Bring something more in line with my tastes when you come.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:49 AM

I'm down to 3 bottles I would drink this everyday if I could.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 PM

I got you Peat ..
Old 11-13-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getz View Post
I'm down to 3 bottles I would drink this everyday if I could.
If only there was a heaven!! I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 11-22-2014, 08:12 AM

For my own self, haven't read anything but good about the Booker's 25th.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:33 AM

What would/should be the top end to pay for Booker's 25th? I understand that its to each his own, but what would the most anyone would pay? I found a few bottles for $157 and I just think that is too much.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:56 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

I think I got mine for just over $100.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmorg1075 View Post
What would/should be the top end to pay for Booker's 25th? I understand that its to each his own, but what would the most anyone would pay? I found a few bottles for $157 and I just think that is too much.
I would pay more than that per a bottle. I really enjoy the juice and so its not hard for me drop a few hundred, or more, for a bottle.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:20 AM

If you need more you can PM me for location. I believe they are in your neck of the woods. There was at least 3 bottles.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:04 AM

So, how does this work? I'm in Indiana and looking for a bottle to purchase. Trade? Buy? Ship? Any chance I'd find one in a store? Thanks for the help, kind of new to this.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:36 AM

I haven't seen any in a while. I am shocked if this is till sitting on shelfs, and if so buy a bottle for me.

Tags
bookers, bookers 25 anniversary