ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests If you would like to see if your bottle can be dated, please post in this category along with images. At this time, ClubWhisky.com is NOT dating bottles, however, our members may be able to help out! Note that ClubWhisky.com does NOT offer valuations either, but at times we do have experts who chime in and offer an idea of worth.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:04 AM

Default Gooderham and Worts

Hello all,

I was visiting Chicago and in a little liquor store there sat two bottles of Gooderham and Worts whiskey. They owner said "you're from Canada? Will you buy these off me please? They've been sitting here since I opened the shop and no one has ever bought them." I gladly too them off his hands, but then mentioned to his chagrin, that this distillery closed before I was born!

I then quickly made my exit, especially after paying only $20 a bottle!

Now they aren't dated, so I was hoping someone here could help out a date to them. I've scoured the net but haven't been able to find anything on them.

I would like to post a picture, but as it's my first post I think that function is blocked.

It says hand crafted bottle 26272 if that helps!

Thanks

Last edited by Jojo; 01-13-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Administrator & Owner ClubWhisky.com

Welcome to the forum. I upgraded your account.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:26 PM

Here's the picture, any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	2106  
Old 01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

This looks like it could be an interesting thread to watch!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 PM
ClubWhisky.com Admin

Default Gooderham and Worts

We'll see if we can find out something for you.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 AM

Default Gooderham and worts

This is taken from canadianwhisky.org

"Late in the 1990s, Corby Distillers did something bold. Having recently taken over management of North America’s largest distillery, the Hiram Walker plant in Windsor, Ontario, Corby’s began to work on developing some new, high-end Canadian whiskies.
The result was the short-lived and sadly missed Canadian Whisky Guild. Three whiskies comprised the guild: a soft Canadian blend called Gooderham and Worts, the all-rye-grain Lot No. 40, and a fruity, port-finished ten year old called Pike Creek.
Connoisseurs soon found Lot No. 40 and their enthusiasm turned it into a legend. Meanwhile, both Pike Creek and Gooderham and Worts kind of got lost in the shuffle. Canadians just weren’t ready for such richly flavourful premium whiskies. Just a few years after it was introduced, the Canadian Whisky Guild was discontinued. Sales simply had not met expectations.
But in the autumn of 2012, they are trying again. The team at Corby’s has resurrected the recipes and the packaging for two of the three Whisky Guild members. Lot No. 40 has made a grand re-entry and right behind it comes Pike Creek, a soft and richly fruity delicacy, hand crafted by Master Blender Don Livermore and his team at the Hiram Walker plant."
- Davin de Kergommeaux

Tags
gooderham