ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 04-18-2021, 06:40 AM
ClubWhisky.com Member

Default Noobie Question

Unlike those with a refined palate, i'm not a fan of smoky flavorsome whiskies. I like smooth, almost tasteless, drops. For example, Johnny Walker XR21. What are some similar whiskies that i should try? Most i've tried are either too smoky or too harsh.
Old 04-19-2021, 08:11 AM
ClubWhisky.com Moderator

If you prefer the smoother whiskies generally you'll like highland varieties and Balvenie 15 is one of my favorites, even over the more expensive 21.

Tags
smoky, taste preference