ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 12-16-2013, 05:36 PM

Default Gentleman Jack Pourer Question....

Hi, im new to the fourm, not so much to whiskey, anyhow. I purchased several bar supply items, i guess you could call it, from a storage unit ****. I purchased a gen 1 glass and pewter swizzle stick for $1. I went back to the same seller and purchased all of the bar items i have now.
My question is, I have been unable to find ANY infor on these particular pourers that i purchased, not even as much as a photo, anywhere online. I figured this would be a good place to try and find a little history on the piece. They are all new, two are still in the plastic, i did remove one to photograph
Thanks in advance!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:14 AM

Looks pretty cool. They are for the 1st-3rd generations GJ bottles. I have never seem one either. Would love to have one if you ever decide to part with one. Good luck finding any info on them.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:23 AM

After some digging there is one of these on the bottom of the GJ 3rd generation page. No pricing or where they came from.

http://www.jdcollectorspage.com/Homepage.htm
Old 12-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Very nice pourer. Indeed for the 3gd gen bottles.
I discussed this with a good friend of mine because we have a little doubt on the lettering on the bottom of the pourer. Quality looks a little poor.
We compared your pourer with an older one we have. The lettering caught our attention.

To be sure if it's genuine, I will show the picture to some other people. See what they come up with.

But anyway, if you want to part from one I would love to buy on from you
Attached Thumbnails
Pourer.jpg  

Last edited by Raapio; 12-19-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM

I appreciate the replies. One of the guys that bought one of the others was concerned about the authenticity of the piece and it had me concerned. Nothing about my accusations of them would indicate that they are fake. Especially considering the other pieces I found in there.

Thanks agaib

Tags
gentleman jack, pour spout, spout