ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests

Whisky Bottle Date & Other Information Requests If you would like to see if your bottle can be dated, please post in this category along with images. At this time, ClubWhisky.com is NOT dating bottles, however, our members may be able to help out! Note that ClubWhisky.com does NOT offer valuations either, but at times we do have experts who chime in and offer an idea of worth.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:33 PM

Default Haig & Haig Dimple Bottle Z897

Hi, I've just inherited a bottle of Haig & haig dimple bottle z897 from my granda.

It has no barcode, no date, no label as such except saying dimple across the bottom of one side of the bottle. It has gold wire criss-crossed across it and seems to have a metal lid with a royal crest across the label that is the seal of the bottle.

On the glass base it says Haig & haig dimple z897.

Can anyone give me a clue how old this actually is? It seems really old and has never been open.

I can upload photos if this helps, just let me know.

Tricki.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
ClubWhisky.com Expert

Default Dimple

Tricki,

Sounds like you have a "spring-cap' bottle there....Photos can help us to date your bottle using the information on the labels, tax stamps, and text format on the bottle itself.

Post some photos, and we'll do our best!

Cheers,
Walter C Hurst

Tags
dimple, haig & haig, pinch