ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Bourbons, Canadian, Tennessee, Collectibles and more...

Old 01-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Default What Year Is This Bottle Of Haig & Haig

I came across a bottle of Haig & Haig and wondering what year it is. I will post pictures once my status is upgraded. Details are: It is the classic dimple bottle. It is unopened and about 1/5th has evaporated. It is marked Edinburgh Scotland on the bottom, which i believe means it is pre 1950 since they moved in 1951 to another location. It has the number 34 on the bottom (maybe it is 1934, or is that to easy? )
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 AM

i could be wrong but i think the "34" is referring the the batch # which a lot of the distilleries did and still do. So you would need to find out when they distilled that batch.

But if 1/5 of the bottle has evaporated its easy to say that the cork has degraded to the point where it has allowed oxygen and evaporation to occur and the alcohol is no longer "drinkable". But still a really cool collectors bottle.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Thanks WhiskeySnob. I thought that if evaporation had occurred it didn't necessarily mean that the cork had been compromised. That it was possible for evaporation to occur even when unopened and still intact.

Attached are pictures of the bottle of Haig & Haig.
Attached Thumbnails
Haig Bottle.jpg   Haig Back of Bottle.jpg   Haig Bottom of Bottle.jpg   Haig Top of Bottle.jpg  

Tags
haig & haig