ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky  

Go Back   ClubWhisky.com Forum - Questions About Whisky > All About Whisky! > Whisky Blends

Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Default I Can't Drink! Buy my Chivas 25, JW Gold and Glenmorangie 18

Hi All,

I live in NYC. I can no longer drink for medical reasons. Which leads to be not being able to work for similar reasons. Which THEN leads me to needing to move to take care of my mother. I have three nice bottles that I want to sell for a steal but you would be helping me pay for my move and something trivial LIKE EATING!

I have a Chivas Regal 25 Year
Johnnie Walker Gold Label
Glenmorangie 18 Year

Who wants 'em? e-mail me nycrob@gmail.com pleeeeeease!
Thank you to my friends.

Robear
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 PM

Sorry guys, you all missed out on a deal on the Glenmorangie 18! Just wanted to post Rob gave me a good deal and is a stand-up guy. I offered to buy it on Wednesday, and received it today! He even included some Easter chocolates, which I think will compliment the 18 nicely!

Thanks Rob!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:21 PM

Default Selling Chivas 25 - Need Advice Please and Thank You!

Hey Folks,

Greetings from 80 degree NYC!

I posted recently about 3 bottles that I am looking to sell (Glenmorangie 18, JW Gold and Chivas 25). I sold the Glenmorangie 18 to someone from the forum. I shipped it right away and the recipient (gunnermcgee) was very happy! He left a nice comment on my last post.

Now about the Chivas 25... I've had the good fortune of drinking this blend before and it is truly phenomenal. Extremely smooth and an all around palate pleasing.

The pricing for Chivas 25 from retailers both local and internet based is sooooo bizarre. One of my go-to's in Manhattan for carrying bottles cheaper than others (Warehouse Wines) sells it for $380. Astor Wines has it online for $350 http://bit.ly/10Q484s . Then I found a place online that sells it for.... wait for it.... $230!!!! Talk about a price difference. And this online place has a store in Brooklyn (close to Manhattan) that you can order online and pick it up at the store. Buying at the store is $250. http://bit.ly/149JiTR I asked a friend who works in the bar business to check what the cost is from the vendor and the cost is $266 per bottle! How this place can sell below cost is beyond me.

I posted it on Craigslist asking $220 which I thought is reasonable compared to what I was seeing. The clincher is that I don't have the box. I've gotten a few offers from CL ranging from 100 - 125 which at first I think is an insult. I think this scotch is worth at least $200 and it pains me to think about letting it go for a really low offer. What do you guys think?

The problem is that I am recently unemployed for medical reasons (I'll be okay) and I reallllly need the money. But for that same reason, I want to get as much as possible for it. I have not seen anyone listing a bottle online or Craigslist for less than $230.

I'd be glad to ship to anyone in the U.S. if anyone is interested. I'm sure one or two of you out there are wealthy enough to help out someone in dire straits in exchange for a bottle of Chivas 25 .

I've never needed to ship overseas before in my life so after I got an offer from someone is Australia, I checked FedEx and UPS and it's like $180 to ship! If someone wants to pay that shipping fee, I'd be glad to send it overseas. I don't want to risk sending it regular mail.

I also still have a bottle of Johnnie Walker Gold Label that I want to sell too.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. My e-mail is nycrob@gmail.com in case anyone wants to contact me privately.

All the best,
RoBear (There's no bear like RoBear! :-D)

Tags
chivas, glenmorangie, johnnie walker gold, new york, selling whisky